Sonnox Oxford Drum Gate is a completely new kind of smart gate with intelligent drum-hit detection algorithms. First, the Plug-In detects hits with tailor-made transient detection. Then, you simply decide which ones to keep. You can also re-level drum hits and even turn them into MIDI notes. We had a chance to have a quick check of the beta version recently and it’s truly remarkable, it can save lots of time and nerves, definitely worth a try!
– Precise transient detection and intelligent drum-type matching to effortlessly separate the hits you want to keep from the spill you don’t.
– Create custom drum profiles to isolate unusual drum types or fix the occasional kick, snare, or tom mismatch.
– Decay curve which adapts to the velocity of each drum hit, giving you consistent spill reduction on dynamic performances.
– Spectral decay editor lets you preserve the resonance, ring, or rattle of each drum hit while quickly clamping down on the spill.
– The leveller’s dual target and amount controls let you improve level consistency without losing the contrast between loud hits and soft ghost notes.
– Real-time MIDI output and MIDI file capture, for accurately triggering drum samples.