Long-awaited, unified EUCON version 3.5 is now available. This new version changes the way EUCON works and you can expect speed improvements of up to 50% with session load, layout recall and banking. With v.3.5, Avid has synchronized the software releases for all EUCON surfaces.
New features and fixes:
– Artist Series, Pro Tools | S3 and Dock: Fixed a crash in EuControl
– MC Pro/System 5-MC: PT12 compatibility
– Pro Tools | S6: Auto Expand, Auto Attention prefs, Auto Collapse Spill Zones, new Display Module pan graph graphics, Master Post and Joystick Module improvements, individual Module LED brightness settings, and improved custom network settings
Workstation Compatibility: Mac OS 10.10.3 or higher, including macOS Sierra 10.12, Windows 8, 8.1 or 10. Qualified EUCON media applications: Avid Pro Tools 12.6, Avid Pro Tools | HD 12.6, Apple Logic Pro X, Steinberg Cubase 8.5, Steinberg Nuendo 7.
Supported EuControl Control Surface Configurations:
– Pro Tools | Control + Pro Tools | Dock + Pro Tools | S3
– Pro Tools | Control + Pro Tools | Dock + Artist Mix (up to 4) + Artist Color
Very important: The EUCON performance improvements included in S6 v3.5 makes v3.5 and later versions incompatible with all previous versions of EUCON and EuControl. As a result, version 3.5 and future versions must not be run on the same network (subnet) as any previous EUCON Surface software. All devices on the network must be running the same version of EUCON/EuControl. Please uninstall or remove from the same network all previous S6, System 5 Hybrid, S5-MC/MCPro, Pro Tools | Dock, Pro Tools | S3, and Artist Series software. Be sure to update other EUCON software to v3.5 or higher before using EuControl v3.5 or higher. Also make sure that the firmware on the Pro Tools | Dock, Pro Tools | S3 and Artist Series control surfaces are up to date. You’ll find EUCON 3.5 on your Avid master account.