In our opinion DAD AX32 is the absolutely best I/O for Pro Tools HDX and we’re glad that Avid shares our feelings. The new Avid Pro Tools | MTRX is basically DAD AX32 with a new faceplate plus few cool features built in off the bat for Pro Tools HDX and HDN users. Like AX32, already the base unit includes 16ch AES/EBU, 64ch MADI and dual DigiLink mini for 64ch of Pro Tools HDX or HDN connectivity but on top of that, it also includes dual PSU and ProMon monitoring software already included.
With Pro Tools | MTRX, you can:
– Gain extended monitor control and flexible routing with S6, S3, and other EUCON surfaces
– Use the converter as a high-performance 64-channel Pro Tools | HD interface
– Connect and route the entire studio through AES3, MADI, Dante, and/or SDI I/O*
– Add high-quality mic preamps as an option and remotely control them from Pro Tools
– Customize MTRX through eight available 8-channel card slots
– Keep everything in sync through Word Clock, AES11, Video, and all digital I/O
– Get automatic sample rate conversion on inputs
– And much more…
* Optical MADI, Dante, and SDI I/O option cards sold separately
MTRX will be available before the end of the year. Please mail or call us for more detailed information.