The wait is over. Apple completed the transition to Intel by announcing Mac Pro and Xserve models with Intel Xeon dual Core processors.
Mac Pro highlights:
– Two 64bit Intel Dual Core Xeons with 4MB L2 cache per processor
– 2GHz, 2.66GHz or 3GHz clock speed
– Eight FB-DIMM slots for max. 16GB RAM
– Four SATA 3GB/s drive bays for max. 2TB HDD storage
– Two optical drive bays
– Four PCIe slots (one reserved for graphics card)
– Two Gigabit Ethernet ports
– Five USB 2 ports (2 front, 3 back)
– Two FireWire 400 ports (1 front, 1 back)
– Two FireWire 800 ports (1 front, 1 back)
– Digital and Analog audio in and out
– Dual boot Mac OS X and Windows
– Cheaper than Dell with similar configuration(!)
Standard configuration Quad 2.66GHz Xeon / 1GB RAM / Nvidia GF7300GT 256MB / 250GB HDD / 16xSuperDrive Fr. 3’599.- (incl. MwSt).
Countless Build To Order versions with different speeds and expansion variations available through us.
Check out the WWDC 2006 Keynote Address by Steve Jobs with details about the Mac Pro and demos of cool new Mac OS X 10.5
features like TimeMachine, Spaces, iChat Screen Sharing, self-made Widgets, etc. Call or mail us for more info.
Steve Jobs WWDC Keynote – QuickTime 7 or MPEG-4