Waves Bundles Comparison Chart PDF
Q-Clone is a revolutionary new product utilizing unique (patent-pending) technology that lets you use your outboard hardware equalizer in a completely new way. By capturing the sound of your own gear, Q-Clone allows you to use that sound freely throughout your session, adjusting the sound of each track just as you would if you had dozens of that same hardware equalizer.
Simulated reverbs offer great control of individual parameters but can’t accurately reproduce the sound of real acoustic spaces. Convolution reverbs are sample-based, and so capture natural reverb, but haven’t offered the flexible controls of simulated reverb—until now. With the IR-1 V2, you get the actual captured sound of the world’s best venues and unmatched control using the traditional parameters you’re already familiar with. Plus, this new version now lets you capture impulse responses from rooms or devices yourself, and then modify the sound with the same flexible controls used to alter the included impulse response samples.
Surround Convolution Reverb
Simulated reverbs offer great control of individual parameters but can’t accurately reproduce the sound of real acoustic spaces. Convolution reverbs are sample-based, and so capture natural reverb, but haven’t offered the flexible controls of simulated reverb—until now. With the IR-360, you get the actual captured sound of the world’s best venues and unmatched control using the traditional parameters you’re already familiar with.
IR-360 gives you stunning surround reverb in a variety of channel configurations:
- Mono to 5 channel discrete surround processing using 4 or 5 convolutions.
- Efficient stereo to 5 channel discrete surround processing using 4 or 5 convolutions.
- Mono to 5 channel sound field processing using 3 convolutions.
- Efficient stereo to 5 channel sound field processing using 3 convolutions.
- Full stereo to 5 channel sound field processing using 6 convolutions.
When processing one surround format to create a different surround format, IR-360 uses mixdown techniques to make the process more efficient and practical. All surround to surround configurations are offered in both 5 channel to 5 channel, and 5.1 channel to 5.1 channel, with the LFE channel passed to the output without any further processing:
- Sound field surround to surround using 6 convolutions.
- Efficient discrete surround to surround using 4 convolutions.
IR-L is the “light” convolution reverb, offering the same great sound and impulse responses as IR-1 but with fewer controls for simpler, more efficient operation.
L3 Multimaximizer & Ultramaximizer
With the L3 Peak Limiter, Waves has once again created an entirely new category of audio processor.
Like its predecessors, the acclaimed L1 and L2 limiters, the L3 is destined to become an indispensable tool for professional mixing and mastering by offering unprecedented control over multi-band peak limiting.
The key to the L3’s power is its patent-pending Peak Limiting Mixer (PLMixer) engine. The L3 differs from conventional wide band and multi-band limiters in several ways:
Unlike wide band limiters, the L3 first uses linear phase crossover filters to divide the audio spectrum into five bands.
The PLMixer then uses psychoacoustic criteria to intelligently decide how much attenuation to apply to each band so that all available headroom is used. The result is that intermodulation is minimized and overall loudness is maximized, while brick-wall limiting is still maintained—all while retaining the simplicity of a single master threshold control.
Unlike traditional multi-band limiters, the PLMixer doesn’t require a wide band peak limiter to catch overshoots generated by individual band adjustments. Instead, the PLMixer automatically controls the gain relationship between the bands.
The L3's Priority control allows the user to control the relative limiting of each band. This unique control lets users adjust the tonal character of the L3 over a wide range, while maintaining brick-wall limiting.
The L3 allows a 12dB boost or cut in each band in addition to the limiting applied to each band. In effect, this feature functions exactly like a Linear Phase EQ placed before the limiting section of the L3, making the L3 an all-in-one final mastering tool.
The L3 features a linear phase crossover which doesn't introduce phase distortion between the frequency bands.
The crossover points are selectable by the user.
While the technology of the PLMixer allows the L3 to be extraordinarily transparent, additional controls allow it to emulate the color and character of vintage limiters. The Separation control, for example, adjusts the independence of each band; when set to 0, the bands do not react separately, and so the L3 functions—and sounds—like a wide band limiter. The Master Release alters the L3’s Adaptive Release Control (ARC), offering a Warm, Scaled, Aggressive, and Manual tonal options in addition to the standard ARC setting.
Rounding out the L3’s feature set is the acclaimed Waves dithering and noise shaping section, which delivers the highest perceived quality of sound after quantizing.
The L3 comes in two versions: the Multimaximizer, which includes all of the features listed above, and the Ultramaximizer, which uses the same PLMixer but offers limited controls.
With its transparent operation, brick-wall limiting, extreme tonal range and dithering and noise shaping control, the L3 can function as a complete mastering processor.
The Renaissance Axx is a compressor ideal for optimizing level and dynamics of any track especially Guitars, Bass and other instruments. The Renaissance Axx Incorporates a limiter at the output so that you don’t create digital clipping. The Renaissance Axx has a fixed ratio curve and automatic release control. Using just 3 simple controls you can get the dynamics and level that you want. The idea behind the control of Renaissance Axx is to have the musician and more hobbyist sound engineer in mind and provide something that fast setting and yet very effective with the sound quality of a true pro audio quality.
Pitch & Time Correction
Waves SoundShifter is for anyone who wants to shift pitch or shift time and the duration of audio tracks. SoundShifter is a new processor that enables the manipulation of time and pitch while preserving the punch, groove and transients. SoundShifter is unmatched for clarity, timing accuracy, and a lack of artifacts and distortion. SoundShifter is included in the Transform and Diamond Bundles, and is also available as an individual product, online or through select Waves retailers.
Double Tracking Tool
Doubler is for any musician or audio engineer who wants a superior "Double Tracking" effect. The NEW Waves Doubler uses delay and pitch modulation to create a new class of sounds. Unlike other delay and pitch modulation processors Doubler specializes in the double tracking sound that is great on polyphonic instruments and full mixes.
- Options 2 & 4 voices, Mono/Stereo components for efficiency.
- Wide Range 100 cents for detune & 200 cents for modulation range for creative doubling effects
- Independent Control each voice has Detune, Pan, Delay, EQ and Volume.
- Intuitive and innovative User Interface
- Stereo FX. Create stereo from a mono source and enhance stereo sources
- Input Source Control a stereo source input selection for normal LR and L, R, L-R, L+R
- LFO Sync Functions the LFOs have re-set and sync for synchronization to the beat or start of the sound for repeatable effects
The world's most powerful equalizer, even used by other designers to design their EQs. 200+ audio effects and processes in the setup library, from SuperNotches to precision mastering. The Q10 provides precision control of equalization from subtle adjustments to extreme complex filters. Ideal for any aspect of audio production. Q10 works in mono/stereo, and with 1 to 10 bands of equalization.
- Selectable number of bands
- Frequency response display
- 5 types of filters, bell, low/high shelf, low/high pass
- Filter band control point for graphical modification
- Control strapping
- Versatile EQ Controls: Frequency, Gain, and Q
- Low noise filters
- Process Left and Right separately, strapped or mono
Morphoder is for any musician or audio engineer who needs vocoding type effects. The NEW Waves Morphoder is a vocoder with ease of use and create new worlds of tone and articulation. It employs Formant shifting technology and release control laws not available in any vocoder so that you can superimpose the tone and volume characteristics like you have never done before.
- Advanced Display of frequency information for intuitive control
- 8 voice Stereo Synth comes built in with 10 Vocoding optimized waveforms
- On-Screen keyboard for immediate and convenient control
- Noise Generator W/ filter to mix with the sound source to control the articulation, edge and .Air . in the sound.
- Super-transparent Liner Phase EQ on the Modulator
- Release Control an infinite release option maintains sound until the next attack
- Q Optimized bands specifically for Vocoding
- Formant correction for superb articulation
- Pressure function optimization of the vocoding by compression of the modulator
TransX is for any sound engineer or musician who wishes to shape transients on their tracks.
The NEW Waves TransX processor brings innovative ways to rhythmically control your signals that preserve and restore the "life" of the tracks. Unlike traditional compressors which let you control by ratio, attack, release, frequency, etc. TransX focuses on two aspects of the signal, the transients and sustain-decay and then let you control each.
- Control Room Sound - Increase or decrease the amount of "room sound"
- Control Microphone Distance - control the perception of mic placement
- Control "pick and stick" - on drums and guitars
- Soften the Edge - re-design the attack where softer sounds are desired
- Add Punch - add or soften edge where needed to any instrument
- Multiple tools - for speed and efficiency: Wide band for quick solutions, a 4 band for a total control of reshaping
- Subtle or Extreme - a new sonic universe.
Renaissance Channel is a precision channel processor combining the finest equalization, compression, limiting, and gating, all in the famous Renaissance series tradition of smooth and warm sound. Featuring: Vintage modeled EQ and compressor, selectable EQ/Dynamics ordering, independent setting of sidechain routing and filtering for compression and gating, overload protection, stereo rotation, and true double precision. This processor takes the concept of channel insert to the limit and beyond. True to Waves tradition, you asked for a channel processor, we created something better.
- Selectable EQ/Dynamics Signal flow
- Vintage modeled EQ and Compressor, inherited from the acclaimed Renaissance Equalizer and Renaissance Compressor
- EQ with consistent filter response over the whole frequency range
- Selection of two compression curves, inherited from the renowned Renaissance Compressor and Renaissance VOX
- True Double Precision of both TDM and Native versions - high internal processing bus
- Overload Protection - no output clipping
- Stereo Rotation control - Controlling level balance without affecting center channel sound
- Independent setting of sidechain routing and filtering for gating and compression.
Classic sound and controls for the demands of everyday production, our new reverb is just the new flavor you're looking for! Designed to be musical, not technical, Renaissance processors have clean and simple interfaces that are ultra functional with minimal clutter. The Renaissance Reverberator is the newest addition to the series, and is as easy to use as any classic processor with just a few straightforward controls and simple interfaces. It features rich reverb tails, plus a second generation early reflection system, providing density and texture.
- Highest quality essential reverb tools
- Challenge/response copy protection (no more dongle)
- No compromise in sound, interface, or performance
Vintage EQ for rich, clear equalization. Double precision resolution. Check out the Michael Gerzon and Baxandall filter-curves that emulate the warm sounds of analog vintage-style EQ filters. If you have a slightly dull or flat track, during final mastering you can tweak the edges and really breathe some life into it. Waves innovative standard functions allow simultaneous multi-parameter adjustment, so if you design a filter-curve that you like, you can select all bands and adjust them all together while maintaining the curve. Attention native users! The REQ provides warm and clear vintage-style EQ on native PC and Macintosh applications. It includes real-time graphing, preview, bypass functions and all with just a few intuitive clicks. Slick controls and great classic-style EQ sound make REQ the equalizer your audio deserves! All REQ functions can be performed using your computer's CPU power, i.e. no extra hardware is required!
Exceptional compressor with Opto and Electro modes, plus ARC auto-release, and L1 style limiter on output. 56-bit precision, dithered to 24-bit output for TDM!
- 56bit precision dithered to 24bit output for TDM
- Opto-compression-mode - emulates opto-coupled hardware compressors.
- Ideal for mastering or submix compression.
- Electro compression-mode - allows deep compression by increasing release times at high attenuation levels.
- Ideal for in-your-face vocal or instrument processing!
- No-clip 'brick-wall' internal limiter - add up to 6dB or more to the output, maximizing levels with minimum distortion.
- Warm character setting - add low frequency harmonics while approaching deeper compression to produce a warm, rich sound.
- ARC (Automatic Release Control) technology delivers greater RMS levels.
- Comprehensive factory presets.
Compressor / Limiter
This may just be the ultimate "one-knob" compressor limiter! OK, two knobs, since we’ve added a gate! Renaissance Vox is optimized for vocal tracks, featuring a simple interface with only two controls and two meters. The elegant display controls a compressor, gate, and precision limiter with automatic gain staging for clip-free maximization of vocals. The Energy control adjusts the threshold of the multi-stage downward expander, and the Compression control adjusts the amount of compression and limiting while automatically providing output gain boost. This greatly simplifies voiceover or vocal track production by giving the user a single-control adjustment for the most-needed compression and maximization of such tracks.
- One-control for compression, limiting and level maximization
- Gentle downward expander for noise gating
- Native or TDM operation
- Fast adjustment with excellent results
Waves developed the MaxxBass technology to allow audio engineers to selectively add harmonics which significantly enhance the bass perception by the listener, and most importantly, beyond the range of the speaker's conventional frequency response.
Renaissance Bass takes the MaxxBass algorithm to greater effectiveness and simpler operation. The process has been refined and is even more effective than the original processor. In addition, a simplified user interface helps achieve top-quality sound with quick adjustment, whether in post, mixing, mastering, or multimedia.
RenBass is now available for all supported Waves Macintosh and Windows platforms.
- Improved MaxxBass algorithm
- Simplified interface
- Clip-free performance
The Renaissance DeEsser relies on technologies used in the C4, RenVox and Waves DeEsser and it has several new proprietary features that make it better then other DeEssers including Waves DeEsser. It is simpler to use, while providing overall results that are smoother, more natural sounding.
- Phase compensated crossover eliminates undesirable coloration to the sound and phase modulation that normally occurs as an artifact of the compressor. The same type of crossover is used in Waves award-winning C1 and C4 compressors.
- Adaptive threshold allow the compressor to dynamically adapt to the input signal to provide a smoother DeEssing effect yielding more natural sounding results.
- Attenuation range control allows the user to specify the maximum gain reduction for more accurate control.
- Enhanced visual display incorporates a graph to allow the user to see what you hear.
M360° Surround Manager
The Waves M360° Surround Manager is a Surround management tool for 5 or 5.1 channel mixing environments, especially designed for studio monitoring calibration and bass management in Surround sound productions. The M360° allows monitoring on satellite and subwoofer systems with flexible control of the subwoofer feed as well as individual channel gain and delay settings. The Waves M360° Surround Manager is a powerful addition to any Surround mixing or mastering studio.
S360° Surround Panner
The Waves S360° Surround Panner gives you complete control over panning and imaging in the Surround mixing environment. Supporting sample rates of up to 192 kHz, the S360° is an indispensable spatial enhancement tool, delivering image placement with unsurpassed Waves quality and a user-friendly interface. With the Waves S360°, you can define the width and rotation of any audio input based on a 360° Surround stage.
S360° Surround Imager
Audio Image Processor
The Waves S360° Surround Imager enables precise manipulation of audio imaging and distance panning for Surround sound projects. The S360° generates early reflections and uses shuffling to increase low frequency width, supporting sample rates of up to 192 kHz. With its incompaparable spatial enhancement capabilities, the Waves S360° is an essential part of any 5.1 channel or Surround production.
R360° Surround Reverb
Engineered especially for Surround sound, the Waves R360° Surround Reverb is a state-of-the-art acoustic modeling plugin for 5 and 5.1 mixing environments. Supporting sample rates of up to 96 kHz, the R360° provides six channels of perfectly de-correlated reverberation with special front and rear Surround controls. If you're looking for rich, smooth room simulations for your Surround projects, then look no further: the Waves R360° Surround Reverb DELIVERS!
C360° Surround Compressor
Introducing the Waves C360°, THE Surround Compressor for 5 or 5.1 channel productions. Waves is proud to bring its highly acclaimed audio compression technology to a plugin engineered especially for Surround sound. With its flexible channel coupling and grouping, the Waves C360° dynamics processor delivers state-of-the-art soft knee compression to any Surround mixing or mastering environment.
L360° Surround Limiter
Waves is proud to introduce the L360° Surround Limiter, the ultimate level maximizer for 5 or 5.1 channel audio. Based on the legendary Waves L1 and L2 UltraMaximizers, the L360° provides brick wall peak limiting, dithering and noise shaping for multi-channel digital audio at sample rates of up to 96kHz. With its flexible channel coupling and grouping, the L360° is an essential tool for any Surround mixing or mastering studio.
M360° Surround Mixdown
The Waves M360° Surround Mixdown is a specialized audio plugin which derives Quad, LCR, Stereo and Mono mixes directly from a Surround mix. In addition, the M360° will output a stereo-compatible mix from the very same session. Part of the Waves 360° Surround Tools Bundle, the Waves M360° Surround Mixdown is essential to any comprehensive Surround mixing or mastering system.
LFE360° Low Pass Filter
Introducing the Waves LFE360° Low Pass Filter, conceived and created by Waves especially for Surround and 5.1 mixing applications. Designed to filter and enhance the audio on the LFE channel, the LFE360° boasts an impressive 60 db per octave roll-off. The Waves LFE360° Low Pass Filter is an exceptional audio processor suitable for any Surround mixing environment.
IDR360° Bit Requantizer
With its patented psychoacoustic technology, The Waves IDR360° Bit Requantizer delivers unparallelled results when reducing the bit-depth of Multichannel and Surround audio material. The Waves IDR360° incorporates dithering and noise shaping to optimize output, producing clean and accurate audio processing with minimal data loss for your Surround projects.
more Waves plug-ins