Speaker and Environment creation
Speakerphone delivers authentic speakers of any size together with their natural environments, be it a bad GSM connection on a busy sidewalk, a bullhorn with feedback and a helicopter overhead, or a 1952 rockabilly guitar amp in a recording studio live room.
It features an impressive number of walkie-talkies, distant transistor radios, upstairs TV sets, bullhorns and cell phones. On top of this it will add dial tones, operators and static with a wealth of ambiences on either the caller or receiver's end.
Operation is quick: you can send anything from the sample-playback bay right to the cursor in your Pro Tools track. Calling up one of the hundreds presets and clicking on 'show controls' slides the whole dashboard out showing the most minute detail.
Effects includes a convolution engine that uses actual samples of hundreds of original speakers, a radio receiver tuning dial, record player scratch and static generator, GSM cell phone data compression, distortion, tremolo, delay, a variety of EQ and dynamics, bit crushing, sample rate reduction, a convolution reverb, and a library of samples to combine into entire environments.
Altiverb 6 is a convolution reverb plug-in. It uses top quality samples of real spaces to create reverb, ranging from Sydney Opera House to the cabin of a fire truck. Altiverb offers the most extensive set of parameters, it supports all plug-in formats on the Mac with full parameter automation. It lets you sample your own spaces and is one of the most efficient convolution reverbs.
Altiverb is available in two versions, Regular and XL. XL Version adds Pro Tools TDM support on the Mac, surround reverb and samplerates higher than 96 kHz.
- Reverb Time lengthens or shortens the IR
- Room Size shifts room modes and resonances
- Reverse reverb mode
- Internal test sounds
- VR movies, pictures, statistics, mic layouts etc, in the info screen
- Automatable preset switching
- Switch between rotatable time-frequency (waterfall) or multi channel waveform views
- Built in presets, user presets
- Impulse Responses in unlimited levels
- Three band damping and separate Gains and Delays for Direct, Early Ref and Tail
- I/O controlls for front, rear, center bleed and lfe channels