Normally, an EQ is blindfolded when it gets to processing. It doesn't "listen" to what it's equalizing. A traditional EQ lowers or enhances the level of a certain frequency without knowing what signal it's processing, and obviously without knowing the final result.
We can use a normal equalizer to increase the level at 1.2 KHz with a certain bandwidth of a Q=6, for example. It will be the engineer's responsibility to know if that particular band will allow us to obtain, for example, more "punch". The engineer will also have to experimentally check if he obtained the desired result.
With DUY's technology, you can tell MagicEQ how you would like your music to sound, and the software will take care of all the rest. When you press the LEARN button, a detailed analysis of the sound to process will begin. The result is immediately passed onto the OFIR technology with zero latency (see the "Technologies" section for further information). These details are equal to thousands of equalization bands, which will start adapting themselves without the engineer having to do anything at all. In the meantime, you can visualize on the lower display if your bands are pushed up or down with precision as the musical analysis is in process. If you wanted to do this with standard methods, it would take hours or maybe days, and the result would never be comparable to the precision achieved with DUY MagicEQ.
Once the LEARN analysis is over we can polish the result, either by selecting any of the many provided responses, or by modifying them at our choice with the spectral band controls, the Spectral Atmospheres and the amount of effect.
MagicEQ can forecast the engineer's desires without him having to take part in the process, and with a unique precision. This can be done thanks to intermediate processes within the analysis.
The design of MagicEQ removes all complexity in the equalizing process, by reducing the procedure to moving a few knobs, making it very easy to use.
MagicEQ functions creating the FINAL response curve. The user is to determine what this curve should be like.
MagicEQ also allows to accentuate the result by bands or also by "colours" / "spectral atmospheres", by using one dial for each "colour". These "colours" can also be combined, to have an optimal result with an unprecedented control in known audio hardware and software devices.
DUY DaD Valve
DaD Valve is a new revolutionary approach to the simulation of the classical valve sound for digital audio systems. It can be purchased as part of the Analog TDM Bundle, which also includes DaD Valve for TDM, or for RTAS, MAS, VST, Audiosuite and Premiere as part of any of the versions of EverPack. It is also included in the Global TDM Bundle along with Shape, Tape, Max, Wide and ReDSPider TDM.
DUY's DaD Valve is available for the following Mac platforms: TDM, VST, MAS, RTAS, Audiosuite and Premiere.
- Real valve sound, with its classic warmth, within the digital domain, and with characteristics and control impossible to achieve in conventional valve systems.
- Simulation of the most common valve types -triode, tetrode and pentode-, with a full range of biasing and operating levels.
- Optimized responses for the 38 most common families of acoustic and electronic musical instruments. Also suitable for the processing of any kind of sound: music, effects and voices.
- Propietary system based on physical modelling providing absolute and independent control over both spectral and dynamic responses, with a total of 1600 different configurations.
- Easy and intuitive user interface.
- High signal to noise ratio due to high-quality internal resolution.
- Easily updateable and expandable.
- Processing of all kind of electronic and acoustic instruments, either individually or by sections or sub-mixes.
- Specially suitable for voices and sound effects.
- Mastering of complete mixes.
- Suitable for all styles. It adds even harmonics to cold electronic sounds and restores the lost warmth to acoustic instruments.
DUY DaD Tape
DaD Tape is a new revolutionary approach to the simulation of the analog tape sound for digital audio systems. It can be purchased as part of the Analog Bundle, which also includes DaD Valve for TDM. It is also included in the Global TDM Bundle along with Shape, Valve, Max, Wide and ReDSPider.
- Real analog tape sound, with its classic warmth, within the digital domain, and with characteristics and control impossible to achieve in conventional tape recorders.
- Modelling of the four most representative tape recorders on the market: an old vintage machine with valve circuitry, a transistor based machine of the late 60's, an operational-amplifierbased machine of the 70's and a machine of the latest generation.
- Simulation of the three most common noise reduction systems, plus a proprietary noiseless-tape mode.
- Switchable tape speed (7 1/2 ips - 15 ips - 30 ips) allows maximum control and even permits unusual combinations of tape recorders and speeds.
- User adjustable operating level.
- Independent input and output sliders and meters.
- Easy and intuitive user interface.
- It rounds off peak transients and adds warmth to electronic and acoustic instruments, either individually or by sections or sub-mixes.
- Especially suitable for percussive sounds.
- Mastering of complete mixes.
- Typical applications include music, film soundtracks, audio post-production, mastering, broadcast and multimedia.
SynthSpider is the first modular synth software for TDM. By linking the 40 modules, you can create your own user-defined sounds and sequences. The high quality of DUY's algorithms is reflected in the power of the modules, which include filters, envelope followers, wave generators and even a built-in analog-like sequencer, and a "scanwave generator" that allows you to use external audio.
DUY's DSPider is a modular processing software for the Avid TDM Bus. It consists of 40 separate modules that can be linked by the user in countless different ways, providing a unique and revolutionary approach to the creation of user-defined processors.
it allows you to "build" your own plug-ins. As a result, a huge range of unique and exciting effects and processors can be created with just one plug-in. An extensive library with over 220 presets is provided as standard. It includes compressors, reverbs, equalizers, limiters, synths, noise reduction systems, 3D effects, de-essers, sound effects generators, etc.
DUY ReDSPider features over 220 plug-ins that include compressors, limiters, reverbs, noise gates, expanders, equalizers, de-essers, panners, 3D effects, synth sounds, sound enhancers, de-noisers, dithering, etc.
Fully compatible with DSPider, ReDSPider can also read plug-ins made by DSPider owners and third-party developers.
Direct access to the internal modules' parameters allows the user to modify any of the internal module parameters which can subsequently be saved as new plug-ins. The exclusive Patch Manager feature allows programmable switching between patches via Pro Tools. automation controls. A range of new plug-ins can be created by modifying the existing ones, providing unique and exciting effects. Instant assistance is provided by help balloons and "talking help". Electronic instructions for patches enable easy and intuitive use.
Revolutionary sound enhancment based on the exclusive FDWS algorithm. High quality analogue sound filters using modelling technology. It features three independent user defined Shapers with virtually infinite resolution and accuracy. Each shaper has eight different Shaper curve types including Linear, Log and Cosine functions; linear expand function to optimize dynamics; a set of 5 factory presets for typical applications; and simultaneous Input and Output plasma-like meters.
DUY Wide is a stereo and multichannel spatial enhancer, which allows widening of the stereo image, as well as sound placement outside the physical speaker locations. DUY Wide is mono-compatible.
Max DUY is a sound level maximizer based on DUY's exclusive ILO algorithm, featuring seamless level maximizing, zero harmonic distortion even at low frequencies and release-free operation.
Z-Room gives you an entirely new approach to stereo reverb, with the following features:
- 64-bit processing produces high-quality density and diffusion for unparalleled sound quality
- Total control over parameters never before available to the user, with a friendly and intuitive user interface
- Deluxe mode for maximum sound quality; Economy mode frees processing time; Earlies mode enhances the effect of Early Reflections
- Exclusive Rehearsal Mode allows you to set parameters while listening to the real impulse response of the reverb. An unprecedented tool to evaluate the quality of the reverb
- Early Reflection presets (reverse, gate, hall, room, etc.) can be adjusted with Stretch and Pre-delay parameters
- Computer processing bandwidth is automatically freed when you choose not to include Early Reflections
- Independent mixing for each of the three bands, as well as for the Direct, Early Reflections and Reverb signals
- Total control over iteration depth; 6 levels of calculation
- Z-Room is the only reverb that allows you to control the time base of the reverb's algorithm
- Visualization of the Direct, Early Reflections and Reverb signals in the time domain
- Over 50 presets are included