SEC Client Galleries Now in Instagram
We have the privilege to see and hear super cool studios all the time so even if we can’t share the sound, we want at least to share the pics of the places where people make the magic happen. That’s why our client galleries are now in Instagram for wider audience and easier updates.
Follow us in Insta for frequent new pics from our customer visits and send us pics from your place! We (and everybody else) want to see how you use the toys from us. 😉
DAD’s MOM Now Shipping
DAD’s revolutionary MOM is available at last, offering a completely scalable and easily programmable monitoring solution for broadcast, post and film workflows.
MOM is the perfect, tactile match for one or more DAD AX32, DX32R or Avid MTRX units equipped with the PRO|MON|3 software. It functions as a remote control connected via Ethernet, and the actual audio routing happens within the AX32, DX32R or MTRX. MOM also works seamlessly in parallel with Avid S6, S3, Dock and Pro Tools Control software.
MOM will give you everything you would expect from a first-grade hardware monitor controller:
– Large Top-Quality Rotary Knob
– Switching Between Different Sources
– Mute/Solo Individual Monitor Channels
– Reference Level
– Switching Between Different Monitor Configurations from Mono to Atmos(!)
Multiple MOMs can also be networked together, even controlling multiple control rooms.
Contact us or more info and availability.
New Pro Tools 2018.1
The new Pro Tools 2018.1 includes major improvements and new features for Pro Tools | First, Pro Tools, and Pro Tools | HD, and will be available to new customers, current subscribers, and users with an active upgrade plan.
Pro Tools 2018.1 includes many customer wishes and offers many cool features especially for music users.
– Retrospective MIDI Record: Capture MIDI performances when not recording
– MIDI Editing Enhancements: Arrow keys editing, transpose in-key, extract chords
– Track Presets: Browse presets with embedded media and build sessions on the fly
– Improved Import Session Data: New Track Data To Import dialog with presets*
– Playlist Comping Enhancements: Comp playlists in Waveform view, target playlist*
– Mix Window EQ Curves: Shows combined EQ effects inserted on a track
– Mixing UI Enhancements: Color indicators for Automation and Pre-Fader Sends
– “Start Collaboration” File Menu Item: Convert to project files and invite collaborators*
– iLok Cloud Support: Cloud licensing option available
– Site Licensing (coming soon): Administer Pro Tools across your enterprise, teams, or facility
*Not available in Pro Tools First.
Call or mail us for mor info.
New Avid Version Numbering
Sorry for the spoiler but no, Pro Tools 13 ain’t gonna happen. Or even 12.9. Avid recently changed the version numbering scheme to Year.Month.Bugfix. The latest Media Composer is already numbered 2018.1 and other Avid software will follow the new system soon.
If whole 4-digit (2018) year is not available in the OS, it will be cut down to the last 2 digits (18). Months with no software releases will be left out. For example, if the next Media Composer would be released in March (2018.3), there will be no MC 2018.2. If then March version gets a fast bug fix, it will be 2018.3.1.
Avid Pro Tools 12.8 Courses in March – With Early Bird Special
Next chance to get trained with the new Pro Tools 12.8 course is in March. In 5 information packed days you’ll become an Avid Certified Pro Tools User and discover cool ways to drastically speed up your workflow. SEC offers the only official, Avid-certified courses in Switzerland, filled with deep knowledge of the world’s standard DAW for professional audio production.
What: Pro Tools 101 (2 days) & 110 (3 days)
Where: Ecole de Musique Farkas, Route de Stadtberg, 1, CH-1700 Fribourg
Instructor: Alexander Saacks – Avid Certified 310-level Pro Tools Expert, Instructor and Support Representative.
Courses, books and the certification exams are in English. Due to the intensive courseware, we keep the groups small so book now to guarantee your seat.
Early Bird Special: Book before 15.2. and pay only Fr. 299.-/day instead for Fr. 349.- and save Fr. 250.-!
New Warm Audio WA-73 Family Coming Soon
If there’s one preamp-eq that professional engineers would unanimously agree has defined the tone of pop/rock records for the last 50+ years, it would most definitely be the venerable 1073. The 1073 has been massively used in recording and live applications for decades and is still considered to be the “Holy Grail” of preamp(eq’s) today.
The new Warm Audio WA-73 Family provides single and dual channel re-creations of this classic British preamp (with and without EQ), that pay careful and humble homage to the original circuit. To achieve the classic sought-after sound, all WA-73 Family’s members are authentically hand-wired and hand assembled, using only the best available components.
Warm Audio’s WA-73 family includes:
– Single Channel, Class A, 1073-style British Microphone Preamp
– Single Channel, Class A, 1073-style British Microphone Preamp with EQ
– Two Channel, Class A, 1073-Style British Microphone Preamp
– Two Channel, Class A, 1073-style British Microphone Preamp with EQ
Contact us for details and pre-orders.
A big Thank You for all customers, suppliers and friends for a fantastic 2017!
Instead of sending postcards or fancy gifts, we donate to kids around the world, supporting small projects run by people that we know and trust:
Ghana – Chance For Children
Bolivia – Pro Huancarani
India – GandhiCare
Already a small donation can make a big difference so help us to help! Click the links above for details.
SEC Office Closed 25.12.17-2.1.2018
Due to the holidays, our office is closed 25.12.17-2.1.2018. Customers with support plans can use the designated support numbers in case of emergencies.
Technical Update 19.12.17
– Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD have been updated to 12.8.3 fixing various, especially video-related bugs, as well as adding support for MacOS High Sierra and iMac Pro. Avid Video Engine now also supports XAVC Long GOP codec and 1080p50. This update is free to Pro Tools customers with a current upgrade plan and downloadable from your Avid account soon.
Pro Tools Holiday Special
As a special offer for loyal customers, you now get the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle for free for one year when you renew or reinstate your Pro Tools or Pro Tools HD before the end of 2017. After renewing or reinstating, simply check your “Products not yet downloaded” section of your My Avid accounts.
The Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle includes classic compressors, EQs, virtual instruments, studio-staple effects, legendary stompboxes, powerful reverbs, world’s greatest guitar amps and much much more. In addition, customers with Pro Tools or Pro Tools HD active plans will receive gifts from Pro Sound Effects and Tracktion: Pro Sound Effects First Library containing 350 sound effects and Tracktion’s new virtual synth instrument BioTek.
Please note that Avid HEAT and Aphex Aural Exciter and Big Bottom Pro are not included in the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle. Offer is not for EDU, institutions or Pro Tools First customers or new subscriptions or subscription renewals.
Contact us to order your renewal or reinstatement, we always do a special deals for our customers.