Last Chance To Upgrade To Pro Tools HD 10 Software For HD Owners
- Today 8.5.13 is the last day that Pro Tools HD 10 upgrades are available from PTHD 7 and 8
- As PTHD 11 doesn't run on HD Accel hardware, there will be no PTHD 11 upgrade from 7 or 8
- PTHD 11 and PTHD 10 are included for free when you buy new HDX or upgrade your HD system to HDX - this is the best deal anyway if you still have HD Accel system with PTHD 7, 8 or 9.
- PTHD 9 to 11 upgrade is available for HD Native owners only, also incl. free PTHD 10
- You can use PTHD 10 and 11 in the same machine without rebooting so you can easily open sessions with RTAS plugs until all plugs are available as AAX 64-bit
- HDX runs great in a Magma Thunderbolt chassis so to upgrade to HDX, you don't need an expensive Mac Pro
Questions? Call or mail us, we're glad to help! It's actually not quite as complicated as it sounds...
Barefoot MicroMain35 Special -20%
Now you can get a pair of Barefoot MM35s for Fr. 5'992.- (Netto Fr. 5549.- + MwSt) instead of Fr. 7'495.- Incl. MwSt.
MM35 is the more compact and more affordable brother of MM27 which took the industry by storm. Perfect for smaller rooms both as mid- and nearfield, MM35 delivers brutal honestness with non-fatiguing openness - now at unbeatable price.
"Stunning clarity - Massive volume - Full frequency range - Ultra-tight and fast bass - Easy to operate. Verdict: Few active monitors of this size can achieve this kind of bass depth, accuracy, imaging, transparency and sheer volume – but they certainly don’t come cheap." - MusicTech.net
Except that now they do come cheap - so order now as long as the limited supply lasts.
Technical Update 26.4.2013
- Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD 10.3.5 are now available killing bugs related to automation, plug-in keystrokes, punch recording and file importing. Waveform overview calculation has also been further optimized.
Pro Tools 10.3.5 Info & Downloads
Avid announces Pro Tools 11
Today Avid announced the new Pro Tools 11. This latest version enables audio professionals to take on the most demanding productions with new, high-powered audio and video engines, 64-bit architecture, expanded metering, and direct HD video workflows. Pro Tools 11 is expected to be released later in Q2.
Pro Tools 11 HD is qualified only for HDX or HD Native with new HD interfaces. If you buy, upgrade, or crossgrade to Pro Tools 10 now, you'll get a complimentary Pro Tools 11 upgrade once it’s available. Contact us for more info.
- Fully redesigned audio engine and 64-bit architecture, Low-latency input buffer and dynamic host processing
- Faster than realtime bounce and offline rendering of submasters
- Automation rides while recording
- Over 30% larger metering, including gain reduction and VU, PPM and K-System metering
- Expanded Sends View
- Direct HD video workflows with built-in Avid Video Engine from Media Composer which allows direct playback of MXF and DNxHD HD files using AMA
- Increased number of video monitoring options, including Mojo DX, Nitris DX, most AJA and all Blackmagic Design devices
Watch the video here
Q1 Specials Ending
Avid's Q1/13 specials are ending this Friday so don't miss the opportunity to get some cool plugs and save money. Contact us for details below or just give us a ring.
Technical Update 14.3.13
- Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD 10.3.4 update is now available, squashing couple of nasty bugs. Download and details below.
Pro Tools 10.3.4 download
HDX Powers Abbey Road
Join the webinar and find out how Abbey Road runs their 14 Pro Tools HDX systems for the benefit of their world-class clients. Upgrading to HDX was an important step for Abbey Road not only technically but also on the commercial side, helping to keep the clients coming. You'll also have a chance to ask questions so don't miss the opportunity to learn from the crew of one of the most legendary studios across the universe.
Pooch’s FOH Secrets
Join Ken "Pooch" Van Druten (FOH for Guns’n’Roses, Eminem, Beastie Boys) when he shows how to get that big rocking sound with Venue Profile. Avid's own Rob Scovill (FOH for Prince, Def Leppard, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers) will chat with Pooch about his workflows, using actual tour files.
We met Pooch recently when he was mixing Linkin Park in Zürich and he was happy to show us his rig (incl. 6 Pro Tools systems!) and techniques. An incredibly professional guy and a super interesting afternoon.
If you want to discover how to control a loud band in a big arena, he’s the man. You can also ask the guys directly your own questions - an unique opportunity so start thinking about the questions now.
Register Here - Avid Live Sound Webinar 6.3.13, 19:00 CET
Technical Update 1.3.13
EuControl for Avid Artist series controllers has been updated to version 2.7. The new version offers support for Mac OS X 10.8, Windows 8 and MacBook Pro Retina models. V. 2.7 also includes various bug fixes.
Artist Series Downloads
Job Opening At SEC
It’s a tough job but someone’s gotta do it. We need a great dude or dudette for backoffice. Must be fluent in German, English and French.
In a small high-tech company everybody must do everything but have his/hers area of speciality. Yours is order processing, logistics, phone, and after some training, first level support. We need somebody capable of seeing where the puck is going, not where it was. A bit like Mr. Wolfe. He thinks fast and solves problems.
We offer an interesting job, laid-back but professional team and an opportunity to work with and learn from the best clients and suppliers in the Pro Audio business. In Switzerland as well as internationally. If doing a great job is your idea of fun, welcome.
Peter Gabriel, J.Lo and Garbage On Tour With Avid Venue
When only the best is good enough, big acts trust Avid Venue Consoles. Check the stories below how top artists like Peter Gabriel, J-Lo and Garbage use their Venue Profile systems.
Focusrite d2 And d3 Now AAX Compatible
The good old d2 and d3 plug-ins modeled after Focusrite’s legendary hardware counterparts are now available as AAX DSP and AAX native plug-ins. AAX compatible version 10.3.4 is free update like Avid plug-ins usually are. No annual update plans necessary.
New AAX plug-ins get announced all the time, way faster than we can post here. Check the link below for latest updates.
Focusrire d2 and d3 10.3.4 download
AAX Compatible plug-ins
Two Avid Pro Tools Training Courses In March
We added two new Avid Pro Tools courses for March. One in German and one in English. As the only Avid Certified School in Switzerland with Avid trained instructors, only we can offer the real Avid courses which gets you an Official Avid Certification. We have already trained top Swiss engineers as well as staff from major studios, Swiss TV, Radio, etc. and the demand keeps growing. Although 101 and 110 are only the first levels of a long curriculum up to a Hollywood-level competence, they are very dense and offer you a deep look into how Pro Tools works and how to make it work for you.
If you want to come, book now as they usually fill up very fast.
Pro Tools 101 & 110 training in German
- 4-5. March: Pro Tools 101 - Introduction to Pro Tools
- 6-8. March: Pro Tools 110 - Pro Tools Production 1
Pro Tools 101 & 110 training in English
- 18-19. March: Pro Tools 101 - Introduction to Pro Tools
- 20-22. March: Pro Tools 110 - Pro Tools Production 1
Technical Update 10.1.13
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 is now officially qualified for use with Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD 10.3.2 and 10.3.3
- Digi 002, 003 and Mbox 2 Pro Drivers have been updated for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion compatibility
Mbox 2 Pro Drivers download
Digi 002 and 003 Drivers download
Sonnox TransMod - More Punch For 40% Less
Sonnox Transient Modulator is one of our favorite tool for “impossible” dynamic tricks. With TransMod you can re-animate badly compressed recordings, move instruments in the front or back of the mix without touching the level, and do all kind of cool magic with drums and percussion.
Check the video below how the snare vanishes and the room collapses when TransMod is bypassed. These are the tricks of the top guys. All this and more 40% until the end of January, including AAX support. Order yours now.
Fixing Drums With Trans Mod Video
Technical Update 28.12.12
- Pro Tools 10.3.3 and Pro Tools HD 10.3.3 available for download including better scrubbing responsiveness, AAF file import improvements, automation improvements, better multi-channel audio file relinking, ICON custom faders enhancements, Workspace improvements, improved integration with Gobbler file sharing and backup service. Pro Tools 10.3.3 is a full installer. We recommend uninstalling your current version prior to installing 10.3.3 (reinstall the Drivers for your interface after a Clean Uninstall). Pro Tools 10.x uses a single installer for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD. The installation is the same for both; only the authorization is different. Be sure to follow the instructions in the link below. We do not yet recommend using Mountain Lion 10.8.x.
Pro Tools 10.3.3 Info & Downloads
So it's holidays and you didn't get a present from us, not even a damn card - why? Because once again, instead of financing Swiss Post and Finnish paper industry with hundreds of Xmas packages and cards, we sent a nice, four-figure pile of money to kids on three continents.
Help us to help them. They'll use it the money for far more important things than we.
Chance For Children, Ghana
Stiftung Pro Huancarani, Bolivia
Gandhi Care, India
Office Closed 22.12.12 - 2.1.13
Our office is closed until 2.1.2013. Normal mobile emergency numbers apply for service contracts.
AAX Pack Special Ends 14.12.
Perfect companion for your new HDX or HD Native system, AAX Pack gives you massive sound at massive savings. 18 world-class plug-ins for only Fr. 1'295.-. But only until Friday 14. so act fast.
Pro Tools 10, Mbox Mini Special Ends Soon
This is the killer deal: A practical Pro Tools 10 system for the road for Fr. 669.-, including I/O and 4 extra plug-ins for less than Pro Tools Software alone! Only until 21.12. so order your Xmas present now.
This is the best time to buy plugs because many companies offer crazy holiday specials. Don't forget that we offer better than online pricing for most of the stuff so don't order before asking for an offer from us.
VENUE Mix Rack Compatible With New Remote I/O
You can now use up to two new Stage 48 boxes with VENUE Mix Rack system, offering a maximum of 48 analog mic preamps and 32 outputs in a variety of formats, including analog, AES digital, and Aviom A-Net. The Ethernet Snake Card and Stage 48 box are identical to those sold with the acclaimed VENUE SC48 Remote System, and can be interchanged between systems for maximum inventory flexibility.
Avid Pro Tools Training January 2013
The next official Avid Pro Tools 101 and 110 courses will take place soon in our Uznach Showroom.
Both courses have only few places left so contact us as soon as possible if you want to join the training.
- 21-22.1.13 Pro Tools 101, Introduction To Pro Tools
- 23-25.1.13 Pro Tools 110, Pro Tools Production I
Awesome AAX Pack - Massive Savings
Until 14.12.12., registered Pro Tools|HDX and Pro Tools|HD Native customers can purchase the new AAX Pack of plug-ins at massive discount, for just Fr. 1’295.-. The AAX Pack features 18 essential plug-ins from Avid and top Pro Tools Development Partners:
- Re-create the reflective characteristics of any room, from small spaces to cavernous halls
Avid Tel-Ray Variable Delay
- Add lush delay and amazing echo, courtesy of 1960s-era technology
** - Based on the iconic bx_XL, go louder, with more punch, less distortion
Brainworx bx_XL V2
** - Maximize your mix’s loudness with this powerful peak limiter
Crane Song Phoenix II
- Bring the warm analog characteristics of magnetic tape recordings to your mixes
- Create better sounding mixes automagically with this easy-to-use mastering tool
elysia alpha compressor
** - Get the sound of elysia’s legendary mastering compressor
Kush Audio UBK-1
- Generate compelling movement and dynamic motion with this musical compressor
** - Shape sounds to perfection with this studio-coveted 6-band EQ
McDSP 4040 Retro Limiter
** - Get subtle yet smoother vintage limiting action with this brick wall limiter
Metric Halo Character
- Add the sounds of over 20 analog circuits for recording, mixing, and mastering
Metric Halo HaloVerb
- Create your perfect space by adding ambience and depth to your mixes
Pro Audio DSP Dynamic Spectrum Mapper V2
** - Create great sounding vocal tracks with this
** - Add the warmth and presence of the renowned SPL hardware processor
Softube Bass Amp Room
- Get the bass tones you need, from dirty rock to modern clean, easily
Softube Passive-Active Pack
- Create better mixes with this collection of three very different EQ plug-ins
Softube Summit Audio TLA-100A
- Add warmth and richness with this true set-and-forget compressor
- Optimize your mix’s loudness and add presence and warmth, without quality loss
** Please note that these plug-in licenses (sold as part of the AAX Pack) are non-transferrable and do not include AU or VST versions. Once purchased, you need to register these plug-ins on the Plugin Alliance website to activate.
Call or mail us to order, this is an one-off opportunity.
Office Closed 1-2.10.
Due to All Saints day. Normal mobile emergency numbers apply for service contracts. Happy Halloween!
Technical Update 29.10.12
- New VENUE ECx Ethernet Option Software 3.0 available for Mac and Windows for remote controlling a VENUE system.
VENUE ECx Ethernet Option Software download
Thx For Visiting Light & Sound, Pics Online
Big thx to everyone who visited us in Luzern as well as to Avid and SEC crews who made the whole thing happen. We had a great time and super busy show. People seemed to like the fact that we crammed the stand full of latest and greatest studio and live gear. The new HD Native Thunderbolt got lots of interest as well as the top-of-the-line 5-MC control surface which integrates now perfectly with Pro Tools 10. Jaw dropping was a common phenomenon with Smyth Realiser A8 and Barefoot Master Stacks - as expected.
If you didn't make it to Luzern, come to check out the stuff in our showroom.
Click the link to see some impressions.
Light & Sound Gallery
Technical Update 17.10.12
- Pro Tools 10.3.2 available for Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10 systems on Mac OS X and Windows 7 and is officially qualified and recommended for:
• Pro Tools systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7-10.7.4, 10.8* or Windows 7 SP1
• Pro Tools|HDX systems on Mac OS X 10.7-10.7.4, 10.8* or Windows 7 SP1
• Pro Tools|HD Native systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7-10.7.4, 10.8* or Windows 7 SP1
• Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt systems on Mac OS X 10.7.4, 10.8*
• Pro Tools|HD Accel systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7-10.7.4, 10.8* or Windows 7 SP1
*Mac OS X 10.8 requires Nehalem (4,1) and later Mac Pro computers.
- New Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)-compatible drivers are now available for the following hardware: Eleven Rack, Fast Track C400, Fast Track C600, Mbox 3rd Gen, Mbox Mini 3rd Gen, Mbox Pro 3rd Gen, Original Fast Track, Mobile Pre Drivers.
Our suggestion: don't update to Mac OS X 10.8.x yet. Call us if you have questions.
Pro Tools 10.3.2 Info & Downloads
Drivers for Avid Audio Hardware Download
Like SEC And Win a Fancy T-Shirt
Be the 50th liker in Facebook and get the ultimate style statement delivered to you doorstep. Fancy, absolutely free, superb quality, 100% cotton, black (because it's beautiful) SEC/Avid T-Shirt can be yours with just a click of the mouse. But wait, there's more! You'll also get 2 free tickets to Light & Sound Luzern as well as a genuine SEC guitar pick. Can be used for bass as well - at no extra cost! Act now to get your garment, winter is coming!
The first T-Shirt for the 30th like went to Mr. Pekka Raunio in Finland, congrats!
Like SEC and win a T-Shirt
Don’t Listen To Sales Talk, Listen To Music
People tend to talk a lot about the quality of AD/DA converters even when they never heard them. And if you heard few models, you rarely have a chance to A/B them against each other. It’s a scientific fact that putting an expensive label to a cheap wine bottle makes it taste better so a blind test is essential if you want to know if the gear you buy actually is worth the money. Don’t listen to the sales guy, listen what your own ears say.
Can you hear the difference between the Mbox Pro and three interfaces costing up to six times more? Watch also the “Making Of”, they actually used Logic(!) to avoid giving Pro Tools/Mbox-package any advantages.
Buy Pro Tools 10, get Mbox Mini and 4 Plugs For Free, Save Over Fr. 1’600.-
Get the ultimate value package: Buy Pro Tools 10 and get a free Mbox Mini plus 4 plug-ins on top of the deal including Eleven Guitar Amp Emulation, Reverb One, Tel-Ray Variable Delay and Moogerfooger Bundle. Individually priced at Fr. 2’440.- total, you can now get the the whole package for Fr. 795.-, the price of Pro Tools only.
Mbox Mini is the perfect companion for home recording or laying down ideas on the road. Small, sturdy and superb quality in its price class.
This offer is valid only as long as supplies last or until 14.12. Contact us for details and ordering.
Upgrade to HD Native Thunderbolt and save Fr 1’000.-
This is the time to upgrade your aging Pro Tools LE system to the professional standard, Pro Tools HD. You can now exchange any 002, 003 or Mbox Pro to HD Native without having to buy an expensive desktop computer with PCI slots. And save Fr. 1’000.- on top of it.
This is a tremendous value as you also get a free upgrade to the latest Pro Tools HD 10 software which makes your projects instantly compatible with the major music and post production studios.
Order now or come to check the new HD Native Thunderbolt out in our showroom. We’re happy to show you the huge difference that upgrading to Pro Tools HD makes for your workflow. Please note that for processing the upgrade we need the serial number of your old interface.
Technical Update 2.10.12
- Sibelius 7 and Sibelius First Version 7.1.3 Updates add Support for Retina Display, Mountain Lion, and Fix Bugs.
Sibelius 7.1.3 update download
Sibelius First 7.1.3 update download
Avid Pro Tools Training 12-16.11.
The next official Avid Pro Tools 101 and 110 courses will take place soon in our Uznach Showroom.
Both courses are almost sold out already so contact us as soon as possible if you want to join the training.
- 12-13.11. Pro Tools 101, Introduction To Pro Tools
- 14-16.11. Pro Tools 110, Pro Tools Production I
SEC Goes Facebook
We’ve had so many requests lately to join Facebook that we finally decided to go for it.
We’ll use Facebook for fast and unofficial updates of what we, our friends and clients do. Please send us pics of your studios and gigs, we always want to know what people are actually doing with the gear that we provide. From our side you’ll find lots of pictures and small stories that don’t have space in our main page so check it out and be sure to push the “like” button.
As we need 30 likes to fully activate the account, the 30th liker gets a free T-Shirt. But act fast, it’s almost there although we didn’t even publish this yet!
UPDATE: The T-Shirt for 30th like went to Mr. Pekka Raunio in Finland. Congrats! SEC Facebook
Technical Update 14.9.12
- Version 10.3 is now available for Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10 on Mac OS X and Windows 7. It is free update for Pro Tools 10 owners, mainly bringing HD Native Thunderbolt and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion support. Version 10.3 is an officially qualified and recommended installer for:
• Pro Tools systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7 - 10.8* or Windows 7 SP1
• Pro Tools|HDX systems on Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.8* or Windows 7 SP1
• Pro Tools|HD Native systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7 - 10.8* or Windows 7 SP1
• Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt systems on Mac OS X 10.7.4 - 10.8* or Windows 7 SP1
• Pro Tools|HD Accel systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7 - 10.8* or Windows 7 SP1
*Mac OS X 10.8 support for Nehalem (Mac Pro 4,1 aka early 2009) and higher Mac Pro computers
Pro Tools 10.3 Info and Downloads
New HD Native Thunderbolt
Now you can get all the goodness of HD Native - sound quality, low latency, huge track & I/O count - in a Thunderbolt box.
Great for live or studio, HD Native Thunderbolt doesn’t require a big Mac because works with any Thunderbolt equipped iMac or MacBook.
Available immediately, HD Native Thunderbolt comes as a bundle with HD OMNI or HD 8x8x8 interfaces with same pricing as HD Native PCIe card systems and is compatible with all HD-series audio interfaces.
- Record, edit and mix HD sessions with a laptop or iMac
- Get the highest performance and lowest latency of any native DAW
- Achieve high-end audio and flexibility with Pro Tools HD interfaces
- Use the advanced tools and workflows of included Pro Tools HD software
- Monitor with built-in audiophile headphone amp (up to 300 Ohm)
- Use up to 64 channels of simultaneous I/O
- Serial port for syncing with SYNC HD
Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt
Let’s Meet At IBC
Amsterdam is calling to the biggest broadcast convention on the planet and we’ll be there as usual, looking for new trends and products for you. If you’re attending IBC, give us a ring or drop us a mail to set up a quick meeting. We’ll be happy to show you all the big news and introduce you to the manufacturers for personal feedback. Avid will have some pretty cool news as well so stay tuned.
Avid Plugs Are Back With Better Pricing And Instant Delivery
Avid introduced a new fast and easy way for you to buy plug-ins from your trusted dealer. Avid plug-ins are now divided to three price categories: Tier 1, 2, and 3. You simply call or mail us to order an activation card for one of the three tiers and choose yourself online which plug-in you want to download. We can even give you the code immediately which means instant gratification combined with secure payment with a Swiss invoice.
Tier 1 plug-ins for Fr. 109.-
- Reel Tape Saturation, Tel-Ray Delay, Voce Bundle, Cosmonaut Voice*, Slightly Rude Compressor*, Bruno/Reso*, DINR*, Synchronic*, TL Aggro*, TL Drum Rehab*, TL EveryPhase*.
*These plug-ins will not be ported to AAX so the price is lowered all the way down to Tier 1.
Tier 2 plug-ins for Fr. 319.-
- Classic Compressors Bundle, JOEMEEK Bundle, Moogerfooger Bundle, Pultec Bundle, Reel Tape Suite, Impact, Reverb One, Smack!, SoundReplacer, d2/d3 Bundle.
Tier 3 Plug-ins Fr. 539.-
- TL Space, Eleven, ReVibe, X-Form.
As you can see, the prices (incl. MwSt) came down in a big way so now you can afford way more plugs than in the past.
Technical Update 9.8.12
- The new 12-Core Mac Pros are now supported with Pro Tools 10.2 and Mac OS X 10.7.4, including LE interface and HD family support (HDX, HD Native & HD TDM).
- Latest AAX Plug-ins added to the AAX Forum.
Pro Tools HD 10.2 with Pro Tools|HDX System Requirements
Pro Tools HD Native Qualified Apple Computers
AAX Plug-ins list
HDX Finally In Stock
Due to the overwhelming demand for the new Pro Tools HDX systems, Avid had difficulties to deliver enough cards. We’re happy to report that the situation is better and we finally have HDX cards in stock. All I/Os are also available off the shelve.
We have upgraded tons of Swiss studios to HDX already and they have been super enthusiastic about the massive upgrade in speed, power and sound quality. With Pro Tools HD 10, new Mac Pros and cool upgrade deals, this is the perfect time to upgrade your studio to the new industry standard. Book a meeting in our showroom, we're happy to guide you to the next level.
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Compatibility
Pro Tools is not yet qualified for OS X 10.8 but Avid is currently working to deliver Mountain Lion compatible version, including code-signed software and installers. More info below.
In the mean time we recommend to use 10.7.4 (Lion) and 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) for Pro Tools 9.0.6 and 10.2.
Avid Software and Mac OS X 10.8
Coming Soon To SEC Showroom - Barefoot MasterStacks
We’re counting minutes until we can install our new mastering-level main monitoring system in the showroom: Barefoot MasterStacks.
The Barefoot MasterStack isn’t just another full-range speaker with a subwoofer. It employs Barefoot’s proprietary active crossover design to transparently meld this 3.5-way modular tower into one seamless unit with more than 1250 Watts of power. The four high-excursion 10” subwoofers work in unison to reproduce frequencies from 25Hz to 90Hz. All three 5” mid-bass drivers work in unison from 90Hz to 250Hz. Above 250Hz only the mid-bass drivers in the upper cabinet work together reproducing frequencies up 2500Hz, at which point the new, ultra-linear, wide dynamic range tweeter is engaged.
You’re extremely welcome for an A/B listening test with your favorite monitors, we’ll post a story here when the MasterStacks are up and running.
© 2013 Simola Eichmann Communications GmbH. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.