Massive VENUE Summer Special
From Bruce Springsteen to Sir Paul McCartney - nine out of ten biggest touring acts use VENUE.
Now you can too! Our Massive VENUE Summer Special slashes the prices, but not for long so act now and get a world class console for your summer gigs. All Specials include free Pro Tools 10 software (worth Fr. 799.-) to record 32 tracks straight into your laptop.
Special ends Friday 20.7. or as long as stock lasts. Don't miss the opportunity, order now.
Free VENUE Training 17.7.
Come to discover the deep power of VENUE in our cozy showroom in Uznach. Avid Livesound Specialist and Sales Manager Ansgar Liem will show you insider tips and tricks and answer all your questions.
Venue Hardware Overview - D-Show Software - FOH Workflows - Monitor Workflows - Plug-ins - Snapshot Automation - Recording - Q/A
15: 00-20: 00 Individual hands-on training with Ansgar Liem (Avid) - please book a timeslot in advance.
Book here and we'll send you the situation plan:
Technical Update 2.7.12
- Mbox Pro Driver 1.0.16 for Mac OS X now available including firmware update 1.0.3. Recommended for all users fixing bugs with audio output, Mute and Speaker switches on OS X Lion, etc.
- New EUCON Compatibility Grid for Artist Series Controllers. Easy overview of supported host applications incl. version numbers.
Mbox Pro Driver download
Avid Artist EUCON Compatibility Grid
The Avengers - How Did They Do It?
We enjoy Hollywood blockbusters and know that they’re made with Avid picture and sound editing tools, the same that you use. But how do they do it? What are the workflows? Which combinations of AV-gear, software and storage do they use? How do they solve common problems that you face every day?
Find out by joining the Webinar with the Avengers team Thursday 28.6. where the guys tell how they did it.
The Avengers Official Trailer
Mac Pro Speed Bumped
Apple released three new Mac Pro configurations:
- 3.2GHz quad-core, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, ATI Radeon 5770 graphics
- 2.4GHz 12-core, 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD, ATI Radeon 5770
- 3.2GHz quad-core, 8GB RAM, 2 x1TB HDD, ATI Radeon 5770 (server)
3 free PCIe slots and external connections are almost identical with the pervious Mac Pros but new CPUs and faster RAM addressing bring up to 1.5 x performance upgrade against the previous generation. Avid is already testing the new machines and we will have a 12-core machine with SSD and 32GB RAM soon to test with our HDX3 demo system.
New Mac Pro
Technical Update 4.6.12
- Mac OS X 10.7.4 is now officially qualified with Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD 9.0.6 and 10.2. As usual, use the combo update file, not Software Update under Apple menu.
Apple OS X Lion 10.7.4 Combo Update
Mix With Mike Shipley
AC/DC, Maroon 5, The Clash, Van Halen... Mike Shipley is one of the biggest mixing engineers on the planet and you hear his work on the radio every day. A diehard SSL guy in the past, he switched to D-Control few years ago and hasn’t looked back ever since.
Join Mike Wednesday 30.5. in Avid Webcast and learn from his mixing techniques and huge experience in mixing platinum hits. At the Q&A session you can ask Mike directly about his classic work or his tips and tricks. Mike has mixed countless hits of our rock star clients so we know how hard he works. Don't miss the free opportunity to discover how to mix number one hits.
Register Here for Avid Webcast With Mike Shipley
Technical Update 22.5.12
- For Pro Tools 10.2 update is now available for Pro Tools and Pro Tools|HD Native systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7 - 10.7.3 or Windows 7 SP1, Pro Tools|HDX on Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.7.3 or Win 7 SP1, Pro Tools|HD on Mac OS X 10.6.7 - 10.7.3 or Win 7 SP1. HD Native using Pro Tools 9.0.4 ore earlier needs a firmware upgrade to version 1.0.3. HDX hardware is not yet supported in an Expansion Chassis. Pro Tools 10.2. is a free update and runs on the same authorization as Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10.
Pro Tools 10.2 Update Download
Pro Tools HD Native Firmware Upgrade
Office closed 17.-18.5.
Due to public holidays our office is closed 17.-18.5.
Free Softube Saturation Knob Plug-In
Get yourself some summer warmth with a free plug-in. The Softube Saturation Knob is now available as a free download for the AAX format (Native and DSP). Softube was the first plug-in company to make all their plug-ins available on AAX and they’re famous for accurate emulations of vintage hardware from Tube-Tech, Summit, Trident, Tonelux, and more. The Saturation Knob provides smooth, one-knob frequency saturation for just the right amount of tube warmth on any track so check it out - for free.
Free Saturation Knob download
Technicolor/Paramount Goes Full-On Avid
Technicolor just opened its new huge sound facility on the Paramount Studios, featuring the latest state-of-the-art systems for motion picture and broadcast production. Their systems of choice: Avid.
The two main theaters of the 38-room facility feature identical 80-fader, 746-input System 5 digital consoles, each connected to seven 64-MADI I/O channel Pro Tools|HD systems for playback (of over 1,300 audio tracks) and a 128-channel Pro Tools rig for recording stems and print-mastering mixes.
SEC did a similar installation recently in Switzerland but more about that later. In the mean time you can read all about Technicolor’s new world-class post facility here:
Technicolor Chooses Avid Solutions
Technical Update 3.5.12
- Pro Tools 10.1.3 update available for Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD on Mac OS X 10.6.7 - 10.7.3. It’s recommended for Pro Tools, Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools HDX, and Pro Tools HD Native systems.
Pro Tools 10.1.3 download
Waves Mercury Mayhem
This is the time to get almost all Waves plug-ins at once. In May we offer you the Mercury Bundle for more that 50% off, including over 100 processors and 250 component processors. From time-domain effects to equalizers, from dynamics control to noise reduction, from guitar sound modeling to the sound of classic analog components, there has never been such a comprehensive collection as this. But for this price only in May so order now.
Technical Update 18.4.2012
- Pro Tools 10.1.2 Update available for Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10 on Mac OS X and Windows 7. Version 10.1.2 is an officially qualified and recommended update for:
Pro Tools (Mac OS X 10.6.7 - 10.7.3 or Windows 7 SP1), Pro Tools|HDX (Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.7.3, Windows not yet supported), Pro Tools|HD Native (Mac OS X 10.6.7 - 10.7.3 or Windows 7 SP1) and Pro Tools|HD (Mac OS X 10.6.7 - 10.7.3 or Windows 7 SP1).
- AAX compatible Classic Compressors Bundle is now available
- AAX compatible Moogerfooger Bundle is now available
Pro Tools 10.1.2 download
Classic Compressors download
Moogerfooger Bundle download
VENUE 3 Software Now Available
The VENUE 3 software upgrade is now available for all VENUE live systems, including several new features and improvements.
What’s new for all VENUE users:
- 32 FireWire Pro Tools channels (up from 18)
- 80 input channels in Mix Rack (up from 64)
- Aux bus names are displayed on the Inputs page
- HPF settings included in all EQ presets, and when copying/pasting EQ settings
- Configure console layout by simply dragging and dropping channel strips
- Fast access to the Inputs page by double-pressing the Select button
- Quickly cancel Multi-Select mode by pressing the Multi-Select button
- Program the Console User button in the Events List to perform common tasks such as tap tempo or recalling a snapshot
What’s new for VENUE SC48 users:
- 24 busses available (up from 16)
- 40 plug-in slots (up from 20)
- 64 input channels (up from 48)
- Support for the new Stage 48 remote I/O box and Ethernet Snake Card
To order the upgrade, please send us a mail with the serial number of your VENUE console.
Technical Update 20.3.2012
- Pro Tools HD 10.1.1 is now available for Pro Tools HD (OS X 10.6.x -10.7.3), HDX (OS X 10.7-10.7.3) & HD Native (OS X 10.6.x -10.7.3) on Mac, including over 40 critical fixes. An existing installation of Pro Tools HD 10.0, 10.0.1 or 10.1 software is required.
Pro Tools HD 10.1.1 Update download
VENUE SC48 Remote Webinar 14.3.
Join veteran sound engineer Robert Scovill (Prince, Tom Petty, Rush, etc.) in Avid live webinar and Q&A, and meet the newest members of the VENUE live sound family.
- Get a walkthrough of the new SC48 Remote System and Stage 48 remote I/O box
- See how these solutions offer great flexibility and reliability
- Discover new features and enhancements in VENUE 3 software
- Get your questions answered
All Sonnox Plugs And Bundles -35%
This is the time to get the plugs preferred by pros from Sonnox. Until 31.3. all Sonnox plug-ins and Bundles are on spring sale with 35% discount (except upgrades, crossgrades, exchanges or EDU). On a personal note, Sonnox EQ and Dynamics are our standard plugs in every mix so we really love the quality of this stuff.
To discover the advantages of Sonnox plugs, come next Tuesday (6.3.) to the VENUE happening where Sonnox Europe Product Specialist Josep M. Solà will show the whole product range and give a brief glimpse to the future of Sonnox plugs.
Free VENUE Workshop 6.3. Uznach
Why do world's top acts demand Avid VENUE? What advantages does VENUE offer that no other console can match?
Come and find out 6.3. in our Uznach showroom where all your questions will be answered by Avid Certified VENUE Instructors.
They will show you insider tips and tricks from the best in the business. You can test all VENUE systems; D-Show, Profile and the brand new SC48 Remote.
14: 30-19: 00 Individual training with Products Specialists - please book a timeslot for your team
19: 00-19: 30 Presentation from Rémy Beuchat, Montreux Jazz Festival veteran
19: 30-21: 00 Q&A, hands-on time with VENUE consoles
Reserve here and we'll send you the situation plan:
Technical Update 31.1.2012
- Pro Tools 10.0.1 and Pro Tools HD 10.0.1 updates available fixing a long list of bugs. Be sure to read the Read Me for details.
Pro Tools 10.0.1 download
New VENUE 3 Software
With VENUE 3, Avid took your feedback to heart, delivering the features you asked for and faster workflows to speed up all aspects of your mixing - no matter which VENUE system you use. And for VENUE SC48 users, you can create even bigger, better mixes and recordings with more input processing channels, Pro Tools recording/playback tracks, busses, and plug-ins.
What’s new for all VENUE users
- Record and play back up to 32 Pro Tools channels (up from 18) over FireWire
- Create bigger mixes with expanded input processing channels in SC48 (increased from 48 to 64) and VENUE Mix Rack (increased from 64 to 80) Systems
- Manage multiple Aux busses with ease, now that Aux bus names are displayed on the Inputs page
- Get HPF settings included in all EQ presets, and when copying/pasting EQ settings
- Quickly configure your console layout by simply dragging and dropping channel strips
- Get fast access to the Inputs page by double-pressing the Select button
- Program the Console User button in the Events List to perform common tasks such as tap tempo or recalling a snapshot
- Quickly cancel Multi-Select mode by pressing the Multi-Select button
- Prevent accidental show file loading and possible audio disruption in Show mode
What’s new for VENUE SC48 users
- Handle larger monitor mixes, now with 24 busses (up from 16)
- Create better mixes with more plug-ins, now with 40 plug-in slots (up from 20)
- Supports the new Stage 48 remote I/Os box and companion Ethernet Snake Card
See all VENUE 3 Software Features
New Venue SC48 Remote System
Now you can get the same amazing sound quality, reliability, and portability of VENUE SC48 in a more versatile solution. As an alternative to the all-in-one SC48, the VENUE SC48 Remote System features the award-winning SC48 digital console paired with the new VENUE Stage 48 remote box, enabling you to place your I/O away from the console and closer to your sources, eliminating bulky cable clutter. And with fully integrated Pro Tools recording/playback and plug-in support, you can bring the sound of the studio to any live performance.
- The sound, power, and reliability of VENUE in a flexible, compact system
- Eliminate long analog Mucos
- Increase audio quality by placing mic preamps as close to source
- Get highly reliable transmission through low-latency, open Ethernet AVB connectivity
- Mix up to 48 inputs and 16 outputs (expandable to 32) between SC48 and Stage 48
- Record and play back 32 Pro Tools tracks with just a laptop
- Bring the sound of the studio to any live show with direct plug-in support
- Work with and transport show files created on any VENUE system
VENUE SC48 Remote System
Happy Xmas 2011!
You got nothing. No bottle of wine. Not even a postcard from us. But we did a nice song for you and your family and we hope you will enjoy it.
Instead of sending presents to you or paying Swiss Post for postcards, we sent a nice, four-figure pile of money to kids on three continents.
Help us to help them. Send them money as well. They'll use it for far more important things than we.
Thank you for an excellent 2011! We wish you a wonderful Xmas and a Happy New Year! We'll be back 2.1.12.
Leise Rieselt Der Schnee - Happy Xmas 2011!
GandhiCare in India
Stiftung Pro Huancarani in Bolivia
Chance For Children in Ghana
Technical Update 23.12.2011
- Pro Tools HD 10.1 is available for download. Pro Tools HD 10.1 is an update that supports Pro Tools|HDX. It is a free update for Pro Tools HD 10 owners. This version also requires updates for the plug-ins listed in the link. Pro Tools HD 10.1 has not been quailified for use on Pro Tools HD or HD Native hardware.
Pro Tools HD 10.1 and plug-in Updates
Xmas Time Is Plug-in Season
This is the perfect season to refresh your plug-in collection. Both McDSP and Waves offer 50% discount on all of their plug-ins. Remember that we always beat their webshops in price so be sure to ask us for an offer before ordering.
Free Pro Tools 10 30-Day Trial
Everybody and their dog are talking about the revolutionary Pro Tools 10 and HD 10. But what’s in it for you? Check it out for free with the new 30-day trial version available at the link. We’re pretty sure you’ll get hooked to the instant playback, System 5 Channel Strip, Clip Gain, RAM Fades, and tons of other features that 10 offers.
We certainly did. After the first 10 minutes with 10, we decided to ditch 9. When you’re ready for the full version, just send a mail or call, we have Pro Tools 10 and upgrades in stock.
Free Pro Tools 10, HD 10 Trial
HDX Cards Available Now
The long-awaited Pro Tools HDX Cards have arrived in Switzerland. Our friendly UPS guy just brought couple of big packages this afternoon, full of mind-blowing processor power.
If you want to be the first kid on the block with the competitive
edge of the latest and greatest Pro Tools, give us a ring now to get your game changing HDX. These guys are going like cupcakes.
Technical Update 30.12.11
- Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD 9.0.6 is now available for Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard), OS X 10.7.x (Lion) and Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit).
Pro Tools 9.0.6 Update Download
Pro Tools 10 HDX Swiss Launch Event 21-22.11.
Discover the power of Pro Tools 10 HDX at our Launch Event in Zürich and Uznach.
21.11. Avid specialists will present the power of Pro Tools 10 Software and HDX cards at Sound Development Studio, Zürich.
22.11. in SEC showroom in Uznach, you’ll have the opportunity to get a private demo from Avid & third party product specialists and chat about your individual needs and plans. We will have several Pro Tools Systems as well as all Avid and Euphonix controllers and Venue live consoles ready for you.
Please use the links below to register to the events. Place is very limited so book now to be sure to see the future of audio production.
Register for Zürich Event 21.11.
Book Time for 22.11. in SEC Showroom
HD Native Bundle Special
Buy a Pro Tools HD Native System now and get a HD-interface almost for free! You can choose between the compact and flexible OMNI and HD I/O 8x8x8. This offer is valid until 16.12.11. or as long as stock lasts so use the opportunity before it’s too late.
These are perfect bundles for mixing and editing with a limited budget while still enjoying the best possible audio quality and software power of the industry standard DAW, Pro Tools HD.
HDN + OMNI
now Fr. 4’849.-
HDN + HD I/O 8x8x8
now Fr. 5’995.-
Pro Tools 10 Upgrade Policy In A Nutshell
You’ll get a free Pro Tools 10 upgrade if:
- You bought and registered a FULL Pro Tools 9 software on or after 1.10.11., incl. EDU versions.
- You bought and registered Pro Tools 9 crossgrade between 1-23.10.11.
- You bought and registered a Pro Tools HD or HD Native system on or after 1.10.11.
- You bought and registered Pro Tools HD 9 software upgrade between 1-23.10.11.
Questions? Just give us a ring or drop a mail.
Special: Free HD 10 upgrade With Avid Support Plan
Pro Tools HD 9 owners have now a great opportunity to smack two flies at once. Until the end of the year, you can order an Avid Standard Support package and get Pro Tools HD10 upgrade for free.
Avid Standard support includes access to Avid phone support (5 Days/9 Hours), next-business-day response times, unlimited number of service requests, customer-defined severity level and remote diagnostics. But the main point here is that that it costs Fr. 400.- less than the HD 10 upgrade so it’s an unbeatable deal at Fr. 695.- incl. MwSt.
Order here: [contact]
AES In Pro Tools HDX Fever
Standing room only at Avid stand and discussions in every corner of the AES convention about how Pro Tools 10 and HDX will change the ways people work. The mind-blowing DSP power of HDX and extreme speed of Pro Tools 10 have to be experienced to be believed. Our first session with Pro Tools 10 caused dropping jaws already on our MacBook Pro. The responsiveness and fast load times are thrilling.
The first orders are already in, if you want to have your HDX and Pro Tools 10 fast, order now. First come, first served. Pro Tools 10 and 10 HD are shipping *now*, and HDX cards in couple of weeks.
We're planning an event in Zürich in few weeks to give you an opportunity for an hands-on with both Pro Tools 10 and HDX. Place and time will be announced soon.
Pro Tools HDX Changes Everything
Avid released today the all-new Pro Tools HDX hardware which will change the world of professional audio. 5 times processing power per card, 256 voices per card (768 voices on a 3 card system), 64ch I/O per card, 32-bit files, 64-bit mixer, 18 DSP chips plus FPGA per card, etc.
Simultaneously with Pro Tools HDX, Avid also released Pro Tools 10 HD software offering instant playback for all sessions thanks to loading the complete session in RAM, multiple file and track formats in a session, new AAX plug-ins, real-time fades, Clip Gain, completely new Audio Suite with handles and multiple simultaneous plug-ins, new free Channel Strip plug-in based on System 5 console, etc.
Check the videos below. This will change the way you work and will cost LESS than Pro Tools HD. Upgrades from existing HD systems are available. We're in New York and will meet the guys behind HDX and Pro Tools 10 today. If you have any questions for them, drop us a mail.
We're looking forward to show you HDX as soon as we get the first delivery in few weeks. Stay tuned.
Preorder now to be the first in line.
Pro Tools 10 HD
Pro Tools HDX features and videos
Big City. Big News.
We've got some exciting news that we can't wait to share. Avid will be holding a press event on October 20th and you're invited to tune into the live webcast. Just sign up and get a virtual front row seat.
We’ll be in NYC to meet the people behind the big news and to get all the detailed information for you. If you’re coming to AES yourself, use the free VIP pass courtesy of Avid.
Sign up to Avid Webcast / Free AES Pass
Steve Jobs 1955-2011
"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs to Standford Graduates 2005
You changed our lives. Technology for you was just means to change the world for the better. We cannot even imagine how our lives would have turned out without your vision.
We try to Stay Hungry. And Stay Foolish.
Thank you Steve.
Commencement address delivered by Steve Jobs to Standford Graduates on June 12, 2005.
Smyth Realiser A8 Now With HDMI, Dual User Mode
We just received the first shipment of the new HDMI version of the revolutionary Smyth Realiser A8. The Realiser can now receive and pass through 8 channels of 192kHz/24bit audio. The new firmware also enables dual-user mode which lets two people use own simulations and head tracking. Other enhancements include preset saving to SD card, automatic backup of all files to SD card, mic calibration and test, optional password protection, headphone limiter threshold and release controls, etc.
If your unit’s S/N starts with AC09, we can upgrade it to HDMI compatibility. Contact us for details.
The Smyth Realiser A8 is one of those truly rare, jaw-dropping products that you must hear to believe. It accurately models a 360° space, letting you take any control room with you anywhere you go - for less money than a decent pair of nearfields. And it actually works as advertised thanks to massive DSP and genius algorithms from Dr. Smyth, the guy who invented DTS. Come to our showroom and discover the future of mixing. We’re not kidding.
"Multichannel recordings were so compelling that I periodically had to remove the 'phones just to convince myself that they were the actual source of this wonderful illusion."
Contact us for a demo
New Mind-Blowing Pro Tools Software Coming Soon
We saw Technical Preview of the next (yet unnamed) version of Pro Tools at IBC. It. So. Rocks.
You definitely want it when it ships, hopefully already this year.
We're not allowed to write about details yet but we can say that numerous long-awaited features and user requests have been adressed in intuitive ways without sacrificing the traditional ease of use. Some new features and technologies are simply mind-blowing and make completely new and way faster workflows possible.
Stay tuned to this page for more, we'll soon go to AES/NYC for you to find out more big news about the next Pro Tools.
C U @ IBC
Amsterdam is calling to the biggest broadcast convention on the planet and we’ll be there as usual, sniffing new technologies and trends for you. If you’re attending IBC, give us a ring or drop us a mail to set up a meeting. We’d be happy to introduce you to the manufacturers for personal feedback.
Rave Reviews For Sonnox-Fraunhofer Pro-Codec
"...an essential for anyone working with audio for digital distribution."
"Once you've used Pro-Codec you won't hear compressed audio the same way ever again."
"The immediacy and detail in the Pro Codec will be of immeasurable benefit to anybody who has put away the old attitude of ignoring the dominance of
We think so as well. Pro-Codec is a must for every mixing and mastering engineer. Find the full reviews below.
Paul McCartney Rocks VENUE Profile
For the past 22 years, FOH engineer Paul “Pab” Boothroyd has had the best seat in the house for Sir Paul McCartney’s world tours. Recently he upgraded to VENUE Profile:
“I think I started out with a Midas XL3 and then to an XL4—a great analog console—and racks and racks of toys, and now I’m on an [Avid] Profile, which is a very powerful but small console .... [all the effects are] onboard, it’s what the desk can offer ... Also traveling a lot with him, all I really need is the console ... With Paul, there’s a lot at stake when you’re doing big shows all the time—40,000 to 50,000-plus people—you don’t want to just use something for the sake of using it and then it lets you down.”
With the Profile, Boothroyd is making extensive use of the onboard snapshots, especially with the 50-plus songs McCartney plays each day. “I have many songs on snapshots, which puts everything in order very quickly ... With the different sounds and eras of his music, I’ve built in different tweaks that put the song immediately into the character of when it was recorded. So snapshots are really useful for those different EQs on vocals, reverbs, et cetera.”
Boothroyd is also recording about 70 inputs with Pro Tools|HD rig connected directly to the Profile. “We basically record everything he does. As soon as he steps on the stage, I hit Record and it doesn’t stop until he leaves.”
Call us to find out how you can upgrade your system with VENUE. If it sounds good for Sir Paul, it could be the solution for you too.
Mixonline Sir Paul McCartney Tour Profile
Official Avid Training Available Soon in Switzerland
After sweating through multiple courses and instructor trainings in the summer, we’re happy to announce that Avid has approved SEC as Avid Professional Learning Partner.
Now we can offer you Avid Certified Pro Tools and VENUE training, complete with exams and certifications. Your certification will be published on Avid’s website so anybody who is looking for a serious Pro Tools professional can find you.
We can not stress how valuable we think these courses are both for beginners and seasoned pros. Stay tuned for first courses, starting this fall:
- Pro Tools 101, Introduction To Pro Tools - 2 days
- Pro Tools 110, Pro Tools Production I - 3 days
- Certification after PT 010 and 110: Avid Pro Tools 9 Certified User
- VENUE 110 Live Sound Production I - 2 days
- VENUE 201 Live Sound Production II - 2 days
- Certification after VENUE 110 and 210: Avid VENUE Certified Operator
SEC Crew Now Certified Avid VENUE Instructors
No blood or tears but lots of sweat was produced when we went through Avid VENUE courses last summer. Thanks to our superb instructor Robb Allan (Massive Attack, Coldplay, Manic Street Preachers), we were able to crunch through the courses and actually receive not too shabby results in the exams. But it was worth the sweat because now we know everything about VENUE and are happy to share our knowledge with you. Interested to become a VENUE Certified Operator? Drop us a mail below.
Technical Update 26.8.11
- EuCon version 2.6.1 for Artist Series Controllers is now available for both Mac and Windows providing support for OS X 10.7 Lion, new firmware for smoother and quieter fader movements and general stability improvements.
Artis Series Controllers Support
System 5 Fusion Webinar - Your Mix, Your Way
31.8. 18: 00 you can discover the unique capabilities of the S5 Fusion. The S5 Fusion offers Post Production and Music facilities groundbreaking workflow with the combination of a high end DSP console along-side EUCON control of DAWs from the same fully featured ergonomic control surface.
On the registration page you can see an interview with Andrew Koss, owner of Tainted Blue Studios (Coldplay, Paul McCartney, etc.) next to Times Square in NYC. In the video Andrew talks about how an upgrade from SSL J9000 to System 5 Fusion has opened completely new sonic and business possibilities thanks to the sound quality and incredibly flexible workflow capabilities of S5 Fusion and Pro Tools 9.
System 5 Fusion Webinar, Andrew Koss Inteview
Time-lapse video of SSL 9080 switch to System 5 Fusion
Tainted Blue Studio
Technical Update 18.8.11
- Pro Tools 9.0.5 is recommended update for all Pro Tools 9 and Pro Tools HD 9 users on Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) and Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit). Note: Pro Tools 9.0.5 update includes HD Native firmware 1.0.3 which is now fully compatible with all supported Mac and Windows configurations. Although not yet officially qualified, Pro Tools 9.0.5 also adds public beta support for OS X 10.7 Lion.
Pro Tools 9.0.5 Update
New Punchlight Solo USB Light
The PunchLight Solo is a small aluminum light which automatically indicates Recording start/stop and record ready. It’s is powered directly via USB, no PSU or Midi Interface needed. It is designed for project, dubbing, or post production studios for visual confirmation of when a recording begins or ends.
This simple and easy to use device is perfect for musicians and sound engineers as well as film, TV and video editors. Supported applications include Pro Tools, Nuendo, Cubase, Logic Pro, Digital Performer, Sonar, Reaper, Vegas Pro.
Technical Update 12.8.11
- Pro Tools 9 and Mbox (3rd generation) User Guides are now available in German, French and Italian.
- The DigiTest 9.0.1 firmware update for HD OMNI (v.2.10) reduces fan noise. You can update the firmware with DigiTest 9.0.1 (included with the Pro Tools 9.0.1, 9.0.2 and 9.0.3 updates).
Pro Tools 9 Translated Documents
Mbox Mini (3rd Generation) User Guides & Specifications
Mbox (3rd Generation) User Guides & Specifications
Mbox Pro (3rd Generation) User Guides & Specifications
Pro Tools 9.0.3 Update
SEC Crew Certified for Pro Tools 9
Here at SEC we learned at last how to use Pro Tools with the all-knowing help of Avid Certified Instructor Justin Fraser. We went through “101 Introduction To Pro Tools” and “110 Pro Tools Production 1” for Pro Tools 9. We’re happy to announce that everybody passed both courses. Even after working with Pro Tools for 20 years, we were really happy to do the official training as we found lots of tricks that we had forgotten.
If you want to get Avid Certification, stay tuned. We'll offer official Pro Tools courses soon. As a Certified Pro Tools User, Operator or Expert, you'll get better jobs and less stress while doing them as you are the one in the know.
Pro Tools Certification Pathway
Contact us for Avid Certified Pro Tools Training
Technical Update 8.8.11
Mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.6.8v1.1 are now qualified with the following versions:
- Pro Tools HD, LE, and M-Powered 8.0.5
- Pro Tools 9.0.3
- Pro Tools HD 9.0.3
- Pro Tools HD 9.0.4 (only for HD Native with MacBook Pro 2011 and Magma Expressbox1)
Pro Tools Updates
Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1
Neyrinck introduces Soundcode MXF
Importing an MXF file into Pro Tools is not a problem anymore with the new Soundcode MXF from Paul Neyrinck. Soundcode MXF is a set of tools that streamlines import of MXF OP1a files into Pro Tools and makes it extremely easy to lay back audio to an OP1a file, preserving its structure, to allow for maximum compatibility with your workflow.
[link target="_blank" dest="http://www.neyrinck.com/en/products/workflows/soundcode-exchange-mxf"]Check out all the possible workflows[/link]
Contact us for pricing
Mac OS X Lion is out
The new Apple Mac OS X Lion (10.7) is now available for download from the Mac App Store. However, please note that at this time Pro Tools 9, including Pro Tools HD 9 and Pro Tools MP 9 and all earlier versions of the software are not compatible with Mac OS X Lion.
Pro Tools SE software, which is bundled with select M-Audio products, is fully qualified for Mac OS X Lion once you download and install a patch. The patch is available via Pro Tools auto-updater, which will locate the update for download and installation (less than a megabyte).
PT Compatibility & Upgrade Information
Technical Update 27.6.2011
- EuControl 2.6 is now available to download including cross platform support for Artist Color, support for third party color correction applications including DaVinci Resolve 8 and DaVinci Resolve Lite, improved fader banking performance, fixed memory leaks on Mac OS and Windows and general stability improvements.
EuControl 2.6 download
Technical Update 24.6.2011
- Pro Tools 9.0.4 available. This release addresses an incompatibility with the early 2011 17" MacBook Pro (model MC725LL/A with Thunderbolt port) when used with a Magma ExpressBox1 expansion chassis and a Pro Tools HD Native Card. If you do not have this specific configuration, use Pro Tools 9.0.3 instead.
- HD Native Card firmware 1.0.2 available for use with Pro Tools 9.0.4
Pro Tools 9.0.4 and HD Native firmware 1.0.2 Updaters
More Questionable Humor in Off Topic
Learn The Golden Rule with Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga, get unbeatable career advice from the top audio school IDA and see cool chicks with hot & weird keyboards jamming Mike Oldfield.
Game-Changing Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec Shipping
Eagerly expected since the announcement at NAMM in Los Angeles, the Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec is finally shipping. We kid you not: This is an absolute must-have for every mixing and mastering engineer.
Simultaneous real time control of five codecs lets you know immediately what will happen to your mix in multiple delivery devices. No more guessing or time-consuming encoding and application/playback engine switching just to know what the end real result will sound like. Visual and audio feedback of what gets lost in the data compression, indication of encoder-introduced clipping, online or faster than real-time encoding save you lots of time and make your mixes sound better in real world.
And the best part is that it doesn’t break your bank. Until the end of June, we offer Pro Codec for Fr. 419.- incl. VAT/MwSt instead of the normal Fr. 485.-. Trust us, this is one plug-in you can't afford to be without.
Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec Video
SEC Crew Trained for System 5-MC
Recently we installed the super cool Euphonix System 5-MC in our showroom and invited the renown post pro expert Mark Rose (Terry Gilliam, Stephen Frears, BBC) to get our brains around of what the 5-MC can do. Towards the end of the training week the whole crew was baffled by the flexibility and profesionality of the high-end controller which can control multiple DAWs over EUCON protocol. Complete customizability with OLED knobs and mind-blowing depth coming from the huge System 5 film post consoles gave as a whole new perspective to working with Pro Tools 9.
Come and see for yourself what 5-MC can do for you - free coffee included.
System 5-MC features
Technical Update 26.5.11
- Pro Tools 9.0.3 is available for Pro Tools, Pro Tools HD, Mac and Windows. Read the 9.0.3 read me for important information about PCIe card compatibility.
Pro Tools Updates
Antares Auto-Tune for Guitar
Want to be wow’ed? This is the first preview or forthcoming Antares ATG-6, real-time Auto-Tune for guitar with individual tuning for every string. Check out the video, it’s pretty stunning. We won’t spoil the wow by explaining everything in advance, it must be heard to be believed. Hex pickup and 500 million calculations per second gives you plenty of headroom to do quite remarkable tonal magic.
Antares ATG-6 preview