New Avid Pro Tools | MTRX I/O
In our opinion DAD AX32 is the absolutely best I/O for Pro Tools HDX and we’re glad that Avid shares our feelings. The new Avid Pro Tools | MTRX is basically DAD AX32 with a new faceplate plus few cool features built in off the bat for Pro Tools HDX and HDN users. Like AX32, already the base unit includes 16ch AES/EBU, 64ch MADI and dual DigiLink mini for 64ch of Pro Tools HDX or HDN connectivity but on top of that, it also includes dual PSU and ProMon monitoring software already included.
With Pro Tools | MTRX, you can:
– Gain extended monitor control and flexible routing with S6, S3, and other EUCON surfaces
– Use the converter as a high-performance 64-channel Pro Tools | HD interface
– Connect and route the entire studio through AES3, MADI, Dante, and/or SDI I/O*
– Add high-quality mic preamps as an option and remotely control them from Pro Tools
– Customize MTRX through eight available 8-channel card slots
– Keep everything in sync through Word Clock, AES11, Video, and all digital I/O
– Get automatic sample rate conversion on inputs
– And much more…
* Optical MADI, Dante, and SDI I/O option cards sold separately
MTRX will be available before the end of the year. Please mail or call us for more detailed information.
C U at Luzern Light & Sound
It’s time to meet again at Luzern Light & Sound Show, the only pro audio exhibition in Switzerland. This year we’ll have lots of cools stuff and brand new gear never seen or heard in Switzerland.
On our stand C 1055 you can not only drink decent coffee but also get a hands-on experience with
– Pro Tools HD 12.6 software
– Avid’s S6, S3 and Dock controllers
– DAD AX32 I/O with ProMon monitor controlling
– Colin Broad TMC-1 monitor remote
– Trinnov MC room correction
– Trinnov D-Mon room correction incl. monitor controller
– Grace Design m108 mic pre (Swiss premiere)
– Sonnox Envolution envelope shaper plug-in
– Amphion Two18 with Amp500
– Barefoot MM45, MM27 and MM26 (Swiss premiere)
– Much more, some new stuff is still not ready to be published, stay tuned…
We would like to invite you to the show so drop us a line and we’ll send you a ticket for free. Pls note that we got only limited batch of tickets so contact us now to get a free entry!
SEC Light & Sound page with links, videos, etc.
Sonnox Bundles 50% Off
The weather is cooling but to counter the cold, we warm up your studio by offering all Sonnox Bundles at a crazy 50% discount until 5.10.16. This special is not available online at Sonnox own webshop, it’s for loyal dealers only, so drop us a line and let us know us which bundle you prefer. We’re happy to guide you through the various bundles and find out the best kit for you.
Sonnox plugs are the must-haves of the masters, they are indispensable tools for professional music- or postproduction so don’t miss the opportunity.
New Pro Tools 12.6 With Clip Effects, Audio Layers
We just saw the brand new Pro Tools 12.6 at IBC Amsterdam and must say it’s pretty cool. 12.6 introduces many long-time user requests and opens completely new workflows to speed up your every day tasks in a major way.
What’s new in Pro Tools 12.6:
– Clip Effects: With Clip Effects (Pro Tools HD only), you can apply real-time EQ and dynamics to a single clip or clip group on your timeline, enabling you to have different settings across multiple clips on a track. This gives you more precision when working with multiple clips of related audio, such as dialog or voiceovers.
– Re-record in the box (Pro Tools HDX only)
: Achieve click-free pristine punch-ins with single-system post re-recorder workflows “in the box” right inside of Pro Tools HD. Using Pro Tools HDX and any punch mode, the system calibrates and time aligns your stems so there’s no latency or audio artifacts when punching in and out of tracks or switching inputs. Both in the actual recording and what you hear live in real time.
– Audio Layers: Edit audio layers, playlists and fades more easily.
With new enhancements to the way Pro Tools handles overlapping clips, editing audio is easier than ever. Automatically create new playlists for overlapping clips. Then switch between multiple playlists with new key commands. And quickly adjust a fade shapes directly in the Edit window using the Smart Tool.
Pro Tools 12.6 will be available late September.
Contact us for more details
Avid Liberates HDX – Massive Price Drop
Big Avid news from IBC Amsterdam: We can now offer all HDX and HD Native system parts as individual components so you can now build your dream system without the forced bundling which made buying a HDX or HDN system complicated and confusing.
There are also new upgrade paths which makes expanding your system easy and affordable. Examples: Running out of steam with HDN system? Just pop in a HDX card. Must do professional work on your laptop? Simply upgrade your Pro Tools to Pro Tools HD software.
And last but not least, HDX pricing has gotten way, way better.
– HD software available separately from hardware ca. 2’500.-
– HDX and HDN cards and HDN Thunderbolt available without I/O
– Upgrade from Pro Tools to Pro Tools HD software now possible
– HD I/Os ca. 500.- less (our current summer specials are still way cheaper ;))
– HDX card now ca. 3’000.- (was 8’000.-)
– New HDX + HD software bundle (no I/O) for ca. 5’000.-
– Mandatory licensing for 3rd party MiniDigi Link I/Os as part of upgrade and support plan (over iLok), starting with Pro Tools 12.6, essentially making 3rd party I/Os officially compatible
– HD to HDX upgrades now with 3y upgrade and support plan (worth ca. extra 800.-)
All pricing is preliminary and without MwSt, we’ll have official pricing in few days.
We’ll be back in the office from IBC on Monday, give us a ring to go through the massive news. We’ll help you to find out how you can get the best out of the new pricing structure and individual parts when you buy a new system or upgrade your current rig.
We think this is a great move to make it easy and affordable to get the world’s standard high-end DAW. Talk soon!
Drop a mail or call us
SEC Summer Sale – Avid HD I/Os up to -50%
Summer heat is back! Towards the end of the summer our Summer Sale gets hotter and hotter: Now you can get Avid HD I/Os with up to 50% discount. This is a great opportunity to expand your HDX or HD Native system’s channel count to handle bigger jobs while saving thousands of Francs. This offer is valid only as long as the very limited stock lasts so order now!
C U at IBC
Amsterdam is calling again to the biggest broadcast exhibition on the planet and we’ll be there as usual. If you’re coming as well, give us a ring or drop us a mail to set up a meeting. We’ll be happy to show you all the latest news and introduce you to the manufacturers for personal feedback.
Coffee and beer are on us.
Big Savings on HDX Upgrades
Don’t miss the opportunity to exchange your Pro Tools HD and blue I/Os to a new Pro Tools HDX system with savings up to 30%. On top of the speed advantage you get the latest version of Pro Tools HD software and free upgrades for one year plus 25 plug-ins worth of Fr. 3’000.-. Including the good stuff – Avid Pro Series plug-ins.
We’re happy to guide you through the all the upgrade options to find the perfect system for you. This upgrade special ends 30. of September so contact us now for a customized system offer.
New Argosy G-Series for Avid S3 + Dock
Argosy released a new G Series desk for S3 and Dock. It does not only feature sleek looks and perfect ergonomics but upgrades your setup to look like professional, integrated studio console. It is available in many configurations with 6 or 9 rack spaces per side or with monitor racks.
– Full length padded armrest
– Plenty of writing surface
– Powder-coated components for sleek and durable finish
– Mesh grill to protect cabling and envelope the S3, making it fully integrated
– 4 RU center rear mounted rack rail for ancillary equipment & power supplies.
– Cable pass throughs to easily route, manage, and conceal cabling
– Width: 253cm – Depth: 114cm – Height: 84cm
When ordering Argosy from us, an authorized Swiss reseller, we’ll take care of all the customs and tax hassles, you simply order and get the gear delivered to your door. No hidden costs which results in better price than ordering online from outside of Switzerland.
Contact us for details and an offer.
Technical Update 30.6.16
– Pro Tools 12.5.2 available for Mac OS X 10.11-10.11.3 (El Capitan), 10.10.3-10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.9.5 (Mavericks) and Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, fixing various bugs. More info here.