Avid’s long-awaited, new flaghship audio I/O, the MTRX finally arrived at SEC today. Based on the revolutionary DAD AX32, MTRX delivers incredible sound quality with unparalleled flexibility, making it the ultimate centerpiece of a modern recording or post production studio.
With one 2RU device you do more than with a rack full of traditional I/Os and cover DigiLink, Dante, MADI Coax, MADI Optical, AES/EBU, SDI, DSD, and last but not least up to 384kHz analog I/O with pristine remote controllable Mic Pres. MTRX can clock to AES11, Word Clock as well as Blackburst and sports dual PSUs for high-level redundancy. A perfect companion to Avid S6, MTRX also comes with Pro | Mon 2 software pre-installed, enabling complex multichannel monitoring, remote controllable directly from S6 touch screen. In addition to its 1’500 x 1’500 matrix, Pro | Mon also provides a 256 x 32, 32-bit floating point summing mixer, enabling you to sum stems and sources to feed monitor outputs.
The modular design of MTRX lets you roll your own dream machine and upgrade its capabilities in the future. Additionally to the 16ch AES/EBU and 64ch BNC coax MADI on board, you can add up to eight of the following cards. Up to six of them can be analog converters for max. 48ch analog in or out.
– 8 Line Pristine AD Card – eight channels of line-level analog inputs
– 2 Mic/Line Pristine AD Card – two channels of analog inputs and mic preamps with relay-based gain circuit, an ideal low-cost option for talkback and tracking
– 8 Mic/Line Pristine AD Card – 8 channels of analog inputs and mic preamps with relay-based gain circuit
– 8 Pristine DA Card – 8 channels of line-level analog outputs with an output level control
– 8 AES3 I/O Card – 8 line AES3 inputs and outputs (16 channels), with built-in sample rate conversion
– Dual SDI/HD/3G Card – 2 x 16 channels of SDI/HD/3G connections (embed/de-embed) with built-in sample rate conversion
– 64-Channel IP Audio Dante Module – up to 64 channels of low-latency digital audio using Dante (64 channels at 44.1 kHz or 16 channels at 192 kHz)
– Dual MADI I/O Card – 128 channels of MADI inputs and outputs through two optical SFP ports
– MADI Module for Base Unit – an additional one or two 64-channel I/O coaxial or optical MADI module to the chassis
If there ever was a Swiss army knife for highest end professional audio, MTRX is it. Contact us for a demo, this is the future of audio interfaces.