– Pro Tools 12.5.2 available for Mac OS X 10.11-10.11.3 (El Capitan), 10.10.3-10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.9.5 (Mavericks) and Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, fixing various bugs. More info here.
Ultimate Post Reverb Indoor from Audio Ease
Audio Ease has unveiled the ultimate convolution reverb for post production. The new Indoor goes up to 9 channels for modern 3D audio formats, has instant, click- and zipperfree changes, and supports native and DSP AAX. Indoor also has several motion modes, including input-pan-following reverb.
Avid Pro Tools | Dock Shipping in Volume
Avid’s brand new Pro Tools | Dock is finally shipping in volume and we should be able to fulfill all remaining backorders by the end of this week.
The Dock is perfect companion to Avid S3 or and can also be used as a super compact controller for Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo and Cubase on its own. Compared to a mouse-based setup, Dock will speed up the everyday workflow considerably.
Check the Dock out in our showroom or ask for a demo device. The Dock is compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad mini 2, 3 and 4. See the short introduction video here and contact us for more details and to order.
New Upgrades To Avid S6 M10 Available
Do you own D-Command or C|24? Or Control|24 or even good ol’ Pro Control? Now you can upgrade all those to the new Avid S6. Upgrades from ICON D-Command and D-Control have been available for a while but only to the pricier S6 M40 model. Now you can also upgrade to a S6 M10 for massively better price. Return your old controller – even defective one – and receive Fr 4’000.- discount when ordering a 8-, 16-, or 24-channel S6 M10.
Contact us for details and an offer.
Technical Update 16.6.16
– Avid released Pro Tools 12.5.1 update for Mac OS X 10.11-10.11.3 (El Capitan), 10.10.3-10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.9.5 (Mavericks) and Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit. It fixes a long list of bugs, details here.
SEC Summer Sale – Avid Artist Controllers -30%
Fed up mousing around? Itching for real knobs and faders to speed up your workflow? Want to upgrade your studio to look like a proper control room instead of a computer on a table? Now’s the time!
Avid Artist Control V2 – now for Fr. 1’295.-
– Touch Screen
– 4 Motorized faders
– 8 Rotary encoders
– 12 Soft keys for fast project management
Avid Artist Mix – now for Fr. 995.-
– 8 Motorized faders
– 8 Rotary encoders
– Dedicated keys to access mixing functions
Avid Artist Transport – now for Fr. 339.-
– Spring-loaded shuttle ring
– Weighted Jog Wheel
– Programmable, colorizable transport controls
– Jump to markers with numeric keypad
Control V2, Mix and Transport together as a bundle – now for only Fr. 2’495.-
– Record, edit and mix like a pro
– All functions in one sleek package
Offer is valid until the end of June or as long as supplies last so order now to get yours.
Free Avid S6 Training Day at SEC 5.7.
As discussed at the Magnetix event, we’ll organize a free Avid S6 training day at SEC Showroom, Uznach on Tuesday, 5.7. In the morning we’ll go through the basics, after lunch the weight is on workflows, and towards the evening we’ll go through the super cool new features of the forthcoming S6 V.2.2 software.
The plan is to have another chilled get-together with pros who are passionate about their craft. No Power Points, no boring lectures, but lot of hands-on time on our two S6 consoles and Avid-trained instructors answering your questions.
Don’t miss the opportunity to discover the future of mixing, join our mailing list for the formal invitation. You can also pre-register with a short message through our contact page. Space is very limited so act now to secure your seat.
First of Three S6s at SRF Radio Drama Studios Installed
After last year’s S6 installations at TPC’s Zürich TV studios and Basel radio studios, SEC recently delivered the first of three big S6s for SRG’s radio drama production. The 32-channel, 9-knob per channel S6 M40 controllers will replace the venerable D-Controls which have seen hundreds of productions during their 10 years in the house. Due to S6’s completely modular design and size concerns, TPC’s crew decided to build custom housing which offers perfect balance between ergonomic and space usage in the moderately sized control rooms of SRF. After testing the first console briefly, we must say the result is not only classy, but also extremely comfortable and fast to use.
Radio drama is said to be like producing a film without picture. The challenges are the same and in many ways even deeper because there is no picture to distract the audience. Therefore the illusion of time an space can be done only with excellent sound engineering. This means that to achieve top quality with today’s tight schedules and budgets, the tools must be top notch as well. Deepest possible DAW integration is not an option, it’s an absolute must – and this is exactly there Avid S6 shines so an upgrade from D-Control to S6 was an obvious choice for TPC and SRF.
Want to check out S6 yourself? Contact us for a demo.
Technical Update 27.5.16
– Due to severe performance issues experienced during testing, Mac OS X 10.11.4 and 10.11.5 are not and will not be qualified for Pro Tools. The latest supported update to OS X El Capitan is OSX 10.11.3. See links below for system requirements details.
– Avid announced full support of Windows 10 with Pro Tools 12.5, see following links for qualification: Pro Tools HD 12 System Requirements, Pro Tools 12 System Requirements, Pro Tools Operating System Compatibility Chart
– New drivers available for Eleven Rack, Digi 002, Digi 003, Mbox, Mbox Mini, Mbox Pro, Fast Track C400 and Fast Track C600.
Pro Tools Upgrade and Support Plan Extended Through 30.5.
Avid extended the grace period for renewing Pro Tools HD Upgrade and Support plan until 30th May, so if you have an expired plan, act fast and contact us immediately to extend your plan for Fr. 429.-, better than Avid’s online price.
– Free upgrades for the next 12 months
– 25 plugins in worth of over Fr. 3’000.- incl. the acclaimed Pro Series plug-ins for free in the plan
– One free call per month to Avid support and free email support through Avid account support portal
How to check if your plan has expired:
– Login to your Avid Master Account
– Find the “My Products” section “My Products and Subscriptions” in
– Look for your Pro Tools HD license listing and open the pane with the right arrow
– Check expiration date (see picture below)